Model presets and changing defaults!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Model presets and changing defaults!

Postby Dembezuma » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:52 am

I noticed that if you right click on a component such as a stompbox or amp model, you get a context menu with the option to load a model preset or save the current settings as a model preset.

My first question is why do none of the components come with model presets?

Second, would it be possible to overwrite the default settings of any given model? For example, when I load the Tube Screamer, the Tone parameter is always dimed, which sounds a bit shrill with my gear. I would rather have this come up with some more moderate settings when I load it.
Dembezuma

Re: Model presets and changing defaults!

Postby Magic Russ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:03 am

I could have written the same post. Especially the part about the Tube Screamer.

I tried to save more moderate settings as Default, but that created a user preset called Default in addition to the actual default model preset.
Magic Russ

Postby carlaz » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:24 pm

Yeah, the model presets are one of the great "hidden" features of AmpliTube -- or, perhaps, they are potentially one of the great features.

It took me ages to realize they were there (I think one of the IKM guys on this forum pointed it out to me), and you are absolutely right that the lack of a "model preset menu system" does limit their user-friendliness.

This is perhaps especially obvious in the context of the "Cab Room", which is really a combination of different pieces of modeled gear in different configurations, though it's essentially true for every individual piece of gear for which model presets can be saved. On a slightly different note, It would also be cool to be able to save a complete "pedalboard" from the stomps section (which you could then load in front of any other amp + cab etc. combination).

IMO, the whole preset ecosystem in AmpliTube could benefit from a rethink -- it's essentially unchanged from at least AT2 -- though, equally, to be fair, it's a pretty complicated system, and I'm not entirely sure what the best approach to redesigning it in a suitably user-friendly way would necessarily be. Perhaps this is related to the reasons that the whole old online user preset area vaporized without any replacement? Though since active and engaged user communities are a pretty key part of contemporary marketing/sales strategies, I would also think that this ought to be getting a little more attention than it actually seems to be getting in practice ..... Oh well! We'll see what happens.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Magic Russ » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:51 am

carlaz wrote:On a slightly different note, It would also be cool to be able to save a complete "pedalboard" from the stomps section (which you could then load in front of any other amp + cab etc. combination).

You already can... just right-click anywhere on the Stomp A or B pages and you will get a context menu with items for Save Pedalboard Setup and Load Pedalboard Setup.
Magic Russ

Postby carlaz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:02 pm

rponcher wrote:
carlaz wrote:On a slightly different note, It would also be cool to be able to save a complete "pedalboard" from the stomps section (which you could then load in front of any other amp + cab etc. combination).

You already can... just right-click anywhere on the Stomp A or B pages and you will get a context menu with items for Save Pedalboard Setup and Load Pedalboard Setup.

Oh, man, how did I miss that!? :shock: Was looking right past it at the individual save/load model presets right below the save/load pedalboard! :oops: :roll: Well, I'm schooled! :lol: Thanks!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby mathewjone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:18 am

I saw that on the off chance that you right snap on a part, for example, a stompbox or amp model, you get a setting menu with the choice to stack a model preset or spare the current settings as a model preset.
mathewjone

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:28 am

It can pay to read every word (my underlining) ;)
AT5 User manual wrote:3.2 – Gear View
This section displays the gear selected in the chain with hyper-realistic skeuomorphic graphics and lets you tweak its controls.It is able to show: Stomp Boxes, Amplifiers, Racks, Cabs and the Mixer Console.

By right clicking on any model displayed on the gear view you can choose to save/load a preset related to only that model or copy/paste its setting to/from another model.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling