Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby carlaz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Devdog99 wrote:Please, with a cherry on top, a David Gilmour bundle. I have always played acoustic and finally venturing into the realm of electric. The amount of technical speak is mind-blowing and how to set up a rig is numbing. As a lover of all things Pink Floyd, I would love to be able to one-click the rig of my fav guitarist.....now to just learn those bends properly :shock: .

Ah, but which Gilmour rig? There have been many variations over the years, especially in terms of pedals. (Some updated Big Muff models, as the venerable Big Pig stomp is starting to show its age a bit, would be helpful.)

Still, you ought to be able to get close to a generic Gilmour sound with the HiAmp amp/cab models, a Big Pig, and -- once the Satriani bundle is released (later this month, Feb 2020?) -- the "based on Chandler Tube Driver", perhaps an Electric Flanger or Uni-V stomp, and some kind of delay. (Nothing in AmpliTube specifically emulates the Binson Echorec, but I might choose the Fulltone SSTE or the T-Rex Replica units for this job.)

Which is not to say that a specific Gilmour bundle would be unwelcome ... though even that wouldn't help with the bends, though! :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby whhf54 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:22 pm

:D Ability to save 12" custom made Cabinets that show up in cabinet selection. Some more :idea: New & vintage 'Rack Mount' effects. the original 24 came with AT3, Fender, & Jimi and only the Fulltone TERC & SSTE have been made available since. :(

My AT4 includes: AT4, AT3, Fender 1 & 2, Ampeg SVX 1 & 2, Mesa Boogie, Jimi, Slash, Dimebag, Orange, Leslie, & Fulltone, plus some $500.00+ from Custom Shop. :D
whhf54

Postby zapata71 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:16 pm

First of all, I want to thank Ik Multimedia, I started playing the guitar again with Amplitube and, even without being a professional, I found the joy of playing at home, thanks to this software. It is truly a beautiful experience to play amps that sound almost like the originals they emulate. I started with Amplitube 3, then I went to 4, and in recent years the evolution has been really fantastic, also thanks to the AXE I/O, my guitar now has a real sound.
The electric guitar has a future thanks to this wonderful possibility to play at home, with headphones, without bothering the neighbors.
I hope that Amplitube 5 will open a new era, also because PC and Macs are becoming more and more powerful, and what can be done is still to be discovered.

Anyway, this is my wish list:
1) Improve the Browser, make it possible to move presets and create folders without leaving the standalone version. Deleting presets should also be made easier by staying in the same folder.
2) Increase the speakers. There is no need to import IRs, because these can be used with AT4 by deactivating the cabs section, with other programs. But I prefer the sound of the speakers of the program. There should be many more, even worn versions of the same speakers, or vintage.
3) I tried AT4 with active RedSound speakers, it's phenomenal, even if the presets have to be adapted. A specal cabs studio section would be needed for those who want to use only the clean sound of the speakers, without reverberations.
3) I hope for an evolution of iRig Stomp. It could become a DSP for playing live, in which presets are loaded. A kind of Hotone Ampero, with more precise audio output. For such an object I would be willing to spend even more than 600 euros, especially if it reaches 32 bits for 96Khz.
zapata71

Postby emailmikenewingham » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:16 pm

What about an A/B stomp that allows one to have the ability to switch from all of the A devices to the B devices using the #4 chain that separates amps, cabs, and racks?
emailmikenewingham

Postby Magic Russ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 am

emailmikenewingham wrote:What about an A/B stomp that allows one to have the ability to switch from all of the A devices to the B devices using the #4 chain that separates amps, cabs, and racks?

That's a pretty good idea.
Magic Russ

Postby emailmikenewingham » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:48 am

I was watching Eric Johnson go over his rig for the latest tour and he does it with real gear. Steal from the greats!
emailmikenewingham

Postby Magic Russ » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:22 pm

Tool tips would be great. Most controls are fairly obvious but this is not always the case. For example, I doubt most people know what the Variamp controls on the Bass 360 do without looking them up. In these cases, a tool tip would be really helpful.
Magic Russ

Postby carlaz » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:39 pm

whhf54 wrote: :D Ability to save 12" custom made Cabinets that show up in cabinet selection.

Let's expand this idea to all "gear presets". Presently we can save both a "complete rig" and "settings for individual units", but the preset system only lets us "see" the "complete rig" presets as an easy list (or accessible as an individual file). The cabs are a great example of the kind of gear that might most benefit from this (because the Cab Room is really a collection of different pieces of modeled gear with different settings), but even other types of gear models (stomps, racks, etc.) would benefit from slightly more sophisticated or visible preset functionality.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby guitarkite » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:54 pm

Super simple addition... An added high-pass filter on the rack delays and reverbs. Being able to cut out excess low-end on the echoes and reverb tails really helps to clean up an otherwise muddy mix when using these effects prominently.
guitarkite

Postby carlaz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:06 pm

guitarkite wrote:Super simple addition... An added high-pass filter on the rack delays and reverbs. Being able to cut out excess low-end on the echoes and reverb tails really helps to clean up an otherwise muddy mix when using these effects prominently.

Actually, just some updated rack EQs that included dedicated high/low-pass filters would do the trick for me. Obviously, there are loads of plugins in DAWs that will get that basic job done, but it would be nice to have them built right in to AmpliTube.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby guitarkite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:27 pm

Actually, just some updated rack EQs that included dedicated high/low-pass filters would do the trick for me. Obviously, there are loads of plugins in DAWs that will get that basic job done, but it would be nice to have them built right in to AmpliTube.

Actually I was talking about a high-pass filter that works on only the echoes or the reverb tails... Not the entire signal path. Many high-end rack reverbs and delays have both low and high pass filters that only affect the wet signal. The AmpliTube rack delays already have a low-pass filter.

The only way to currently use a rack EQ in AmpliTube to achieve this effect, is to split the signal and run one side dry, and the other side 100% wet. Then apply an EQ just to the wet side. It's possible... But kind of a pain in the ass.
guitarkite

Postby guitarkite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:37 pm

Also... How about importing AmpliTube Acoustic over to the Mac/PC format already! Come on! That can't be that difficult. :D
guitarkite

Postby guitarkite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:01 pm

Also, also... And this is more of an "annoyance" than an actual "flaw"... I understand that different amp companies probably have dictated how they would like their respective amps to "look", and this is probably the reason that the up/down buttons to toggle through different amps appear in different locations... That makes it kind of annoying when you quickly toggle through amps.

But how about this for a compromise... Create a small program that moves the cursor to the corresponding up/down arrows when toggling through different style amps.
guitarkite

Postby aggravation » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:29 pm

bart.childers wrote:....
-HERE IS THE BIGGY - IT WOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!
- Improve the cascading menu behavior - My god it is SO frustrating to keep re-selecting options when the menu collapses b/c I didn't keep my mouse pointer precisely aligned over the selection when I move it over to click the next item. Makes my blood boil and sucks too much joy out of playing electric guitar. Please -for the love of all this is holy - fix this.

Please do fix this!
aggravation

Postby Montigoo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:02 am

Metronome on AmpliTube for ipad is unbearable loud. So as to unusable. Volume control please or just delete the entire metronome.
Montigoo

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling