Total Studio 2 Max

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Total Studio 2 Max

Postby gderreck » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:07 am

Greetings,

I purchased Total Studio 2 Max. I have a couple of questions:

-as expected, I got Sample Tank 3 Max. I also got a license for Sample Tanks 3. Is this a necessary install to compliment Max, or is it available in case I don't want to install Max? I noticed the sound files available for the basic version are also contained in Max.

-second, I have a license for NRG, which was built for Sample Tank 3. The sound file download has expired. The link to the credit in the download expiry notice, returned 0 products:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... activation

Is there a way to access/purchase the download reactivation credit; and once I find it, does that expire, or does it sit 'til I activate it?

Thanks,
Graham
gderreck

Re: Total Studio 2 Max

Postby gderreck » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:16 am

Greetings,

I checked an open tab for the activation credit. When I refreshed it, the product showed up. I'm sure it was something I did in error.

I would still appreciate any comments on my first question regarding the inclusion of the basic Sample Tank 3, along with Sample Tank 3 Total Studio Max 2.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your help,

Graham
gderreck

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 am

Just to check - you have bought this product "Total Studio 2 MAX" ?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts2max/

It includes the full SampleTank 3 with 24 additional libraries (i.e. SampleTank 3 MAX) AND SampleTank 4 SE (with its 2,000+ instruments)

I think that you may be confusing the ST4 SE licence with with "the basic Sample Tank 3".

You should install and authorize both the ST3 and the ST4 software.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby gderreck » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks DarkStar,

I was kinda surprised that I would get the base version of 3. After I purchased Total Studio, I looked in my products page and the following Sample Tank products appeared:

SampleTank 3 Total Studio Max 2 v3.7.3
SampleTank 4 SE (this showed up a bit later with a kind note from IK)
SampleTank 3 v3.7.3

Previous to the purchase, I only had SampleTank free. So the question is, is there any reason to install the base SampleTank?

While I have you here, I see that I am able to open all my instruments (all SampleTank, Miroslav, Syntronik, etc) in SampleTank 4. That's excellent. Although I am new to the product, it seems at first glance that the version 4 interface is superior to 3. Is there any need to use the version 3 interface?

Thanks again and I look forward to your reply,

Graham
gderreck

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:19 pm

I do not know how the products would be listed in your "My Products". It will be best to ask Sales Support who can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time generally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.

Maybe another Total Studio 2 MAX user will tell us what SampleTanks they have in their User Area.

If you have SampleTank 3 Custom Shop (the free one) v3.7.3 installed, you should not need to install the others. But you will need to use the ST3 Serial number(s) to Authorize the new sounds libraries that you have. Again, Sales Support will advise you which Serial Number(s) to use.

Using all the libraries though ST4 will be OK.You should keep ST3 installed for all your old projects (ST4 does not replace ST3) and in case you wish to Import any other legacy libraries (ST4 does not have an Import feature). Oh, and keep Syntronik installed too. ST4 does not have all of its features.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby gderreck » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Thanks Dark,

I'll contact support and see if I got the basic SampleTank by mistake. The free version I have is from 2017. V2.5.5.b. According to the product page; I should have SampleTank 4 SE with Space Port 77, and Version 3 Max.

Thanks again for your timely and excellent advice,

Graham
gderreck

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:32 pm

You should have SampleTank 4 SE available in your IK User Area with Total Studio 2 MAX. The header on this page states that Total Studio 2 MAX now includes SampleTank 4 SE: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts2max/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gderreck » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Peter,

I seem to have given you guys the wrong impression. My concern is not that I am missing something in the purchase.

The issue is that I did get: SampleTank 3 Total Studio MAX 2, SampleTank 4 SE AND SampleTank 3. I didn't expect to get the latter. On the product's sales page, there is no mention of getting 3 SampleTank products with the purchase.

The MAX 2 product contains all of the sound downloads in the base 3 product (plus many others, of course). Both of the version 3 products have the same latest release and registration dates. Furthermore, when I checked the Serials/Licenses, both of the products have the same Digital ID; but have different serial numbers and authorization codes. Both of the version 3 products are v3.73.

The base SampleTank 3 has a button for 'Download Resources', which contains a manual, a steel drum sound file, and a sound update file. There is no resources button with the MAX product.

The reason I'm going on about this, is I am wondering if the SampleTank 3 (not MAX) is something that needs to be installed in addition to the MAX product, to make it complete. Otherwise, I am quite happy to leave it be :) If there is no need for me to have the extra version 3, please feel free to remove it from my products page.

And now having taken up more time than I deserve, I will say thank you, would appreciate any further guidance you may have and send you guys my best regards,

Graham
gderreck

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:42 am

By any chance, is the extra product that you see as "SampleTank 3" in fact "SampleTank Custom Shop" with a Serial number that starts STF30? (Of course, do not publish any Serial Numbers here. :))

If so, that is free to everyone who has an IK Multimedia User Account. That Serial Number will Authorize a set of instruments in ST3. But, you will need to Authorise ST3 using the SampleTank 3 MAX Serial Number in order to use all the ST3 instruments. And you'll need to Authorize each of the additional Instrument Collections too, I reckon.

Do you need to install that extra one? I am pretty sure No, but I cannot look at your Account.

But you mentioned " both of the products have the same Digital ID". That is generated when you Authorize the products and is derived from your system. So you must have installed and Authorized them both.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More