latency en no sound from controle panel axe I/0 [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

latency en no sound from controle panel axe I/0 [Resolved]

Postby Cold_shot » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:46 am

The controle panel program of my new axe I/O shows it is getting the input signal from my guitar but there's no sound comming from the pc speakers...When I use Amplitube I do get sound from the pc speakers but I get half a second or more of latency (lag) and that way it's impossible to play in time.. Amplitube works fine but as soon as I click on "settings" the program freezes up and I can only reboot the pc to close the program... What's wrong here? This can't be right.. I hope someone here knows more than I do.. Please help me (y)
Cold_shot

Re: latency en no sound from controle panel axe I/0

Postby dlgebert » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Cold_shot wrote:there's no sound comming from the pc speakers...

The output will be routed back to the AXE I/O, not your speakers. Do you have a pair of headphones? If so, plug them into the AXE I/O headphones jack and turn up the headphone volume to about 9 o'clock. Can you hear your guitar now?

If you're hearing Amplitube coming out of your PC speakers and there's a lot of latency, the output setting in Amplitube is probably set to your PC's internal sound card, which will be very siow.

The important thing is input from AXE I/O and output to AXE I/O is needed in Amplitube for low latency, but in order to hear the sound, you'll need to use headphones, or connect the AXE I/O analog outputs to a monitor or amp, etc.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Cold_shot » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:49 pm

Thanks Dave..but it did not solve my problem.. I have connected an amp to the amp-out on the axe. But I only get a dry guitarsound (nothing from amplitube). in the settings I can choose "direct sound" and "windows audio" (they work but very slow) and I can select "asio". When I do the sound from the pc stops ( and I still get a dry signal to my amp) . Now I dont hear AmpliTube at all.. I notised something though..when I select ASIO all the field below are filled in automatily in but the second one (right below"ASio") says: Input device: axe IO asio But THAT one is not white like all the others, just like the little arrow/triangle at the end of that field, but it stays gray.. (like it's not found or connected or..?). I read somewhere an asio4all driver is an option, but I think those are for I-rigs and I wouldn't know how to get one.. To bad this stuff ain't plug and play... :( Hope I explained it all clear enough (englisch is not my native language..I'm sorry). Rock on !
Cold_shot

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Cold_shot wrote:Thanks Dave..but it did not solve my problem.. I have connected an amp to the amp-out on the axe. But I only get a dry guitarsound (nothing from amplitube). in the settings I can choose "direct sound" and "windows audio" (they work but very slow) and I can select "asio". When I do the sound from the pc stops ( and I still get a dry signal to my amp) . Now I dont hear AmpliTube at all.. I notised something though..when I select ASIO all the field below are filled in automatily in but the second one (right below"ASio") says: Input device: axe IO asio But THAT one is not white like all the others, just like the little arrow/triangle at the end of that field, but it stays gray.. (like it's not found or connected or..?). I read somewhere an asio4all driver is an option, but I think those are for I-rigs and I wouldn't know how to get one.. To bad this stuff ain't plug and play... :( Hope I explained it all clear enough (englisch is not my native language..I'm sorry). Rock on !

To start, please do note this is not a technical support forum. This is a forum for user-to-user contact and discussion. Please make sure to contact support with any issues. They are the most effective path to resolution.

Now, I have some information listed below which should help you and any future readers. While I hope this helps, please reach out to support if this does not. Please send me a PM with your ticket number after doing so.

It sounds like your audio/MIDI set up in AmpliTube just needs adjustment. See my image below on what this should look like when using both the re-amp output and the line-outputs to studio monitors.

Important:
Dave is also correct on the physical connections. To reiterate, make sure speakers are connected to the back of the AXE I/O to Line Output 1/2. Make sure your headphones are connected to the headphone port on the front of the AXE I/O, then make sure your amplifier is connected to the re-amp output on the front of the AXE I/O.

Settings page with Line-outputs sending the signal from AmpliTube into your studio monitors.

Settings page with AMP OUT sending the signal from AmpliTube into your amplifier.

Important: In the AXE I/O control panel you can send your inputs directly to the re-amp out. Make sure this is not enabled. This will be a dry unprocessed signal.

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Cold_shot » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:01 pm

Thank you Ryan !! I did have the control panel set to amp out and that's why I kept getting a dry signal. Now I do hear amplitube through the headphones.. GREAT !! Finally it's all working now. I understand that when I decide to connect (active) speakers to the outputs on the back of the axe I will need to change the settings in amplitube again . The output divice is now set to leftchannel: out 1 and rightchannel out 2 and it does the trick.. Wonderfull ! I love my AXE IO and AmpliTube sure rocks !! :D Thanks again You've made my day :)
Cold_shot

Re: latency en no sound from controle panel axe I/0 [Resolve

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:27 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers