Van Halen Wet/Dry/Wet setup

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Van Halen Wet/Dry/Wet setup

Postby jtb74129 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 pm

I am in the market to buy a software modeling product like AmpliTube. Support can’t give me a straight answer, so I thought I would ask here.
Never mind what fox I will be using, I just need to know if there is a way to split the signal from my main head (left output goes to First cob, 2nd Signal output gets split and sent through delays/rev, then into a 2 channel amp and out to Two more cabs.

Has anyone done this? If so, which version and plugins did you use?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
jtb74129

Re: Van Halen Wet/Dry/Wet setup

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:56 pm

Hey Jeff,

Using a single instance of AmpliTube 4 you will only be able to use two cabinets, but from what you're saying, using routing option 2 in the matrix (Upper left hand corner) you should be able to accomplish the sound you're looking for. See below.

Notice the red lines to the right in the image above showing the signal flow. Using this routing option, one copy of your signal goes through your main rig (STOMP A -> AMP A -> INSERT A -> CAB A -> RACK A) and the second goes through STOMP B into AMP B, then into the AMP B INSERT and RACK B FX. This should allow for a nice configuration of sounds considering you can double-mic each of the cabs and add in a room mic as well. If you did need more than two cabs, you could use a DAW with multiple instances of AmpliTube 4 as a plug-in.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jtb74129 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:33 pm

Thank you. I will play around with it.
jtb74129

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:44 pm

Note also that if you want some early Van Halen recorded/mixed tone our upcoming T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb product will help you use virtual versions of the ISO booth, room, and reverbs, etc that were used during the Sunset Sound recording sessions.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling