Which interface for "LIVE"?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Which interface for "LIVE"?

Postby muddi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:48 pm

I need your advice please. Which is the best interface to use an iPad with AT in live situation (without considering iRig Stomp I/O and AXE I/O)? As I understand from the descriptions on the IKM page, the best (or only) solution is iRig HD2. If so, can the amplifier output be directed (through a DI BOX) directly to the PA? Thank you in advance for your reply.
muddi

Re: Which interface for "LIVE"?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:18 pm

I know you don't want to consider iRig Stomp I/O and of course everybody has different needs but to me that's the #1 best choice for live use. AXE I/O is not compatible with iPad anyway so that's not a good choice for iOS devices anyway.

iRig HD 2 is a great single-input unit and you would want to use the AMP OUT with the switch set to FX to get the full effected sound to the board. Note this is a mono output, though, so you may also want to consider using the headphone output to go out to two channels if that is your aim.

If you want MIDI support (for switching, etc) you could look at iRig Pro I/O which is a really great interface for more than guitar and as mentioned would have the MIDI support if that's a requirement.

You can also compare IK mobile interfaces here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=range
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby obispojoe » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 am

I've used an iRig HD 2 out to a DI box to a PA in a live setting many times as the guitarist for a six piece (hobby) rock band. Works great for my needs. In my case the iRig HD 2 is connected to a Mac Book Pro. I use an iRig BlueBoard to change settings. So, I can say it works.
obispojoe

Postby muddi » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Thank you guys for your reply.
muddi

Postby zulujos » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Since I didn't get any response with my topic, I too am looking for a simple no-frills interface that gets my set up through the effects loop of a small s.s. amp to a passive frfr pa speaker AND delivers a decent volume level. So the iRig HD2 is the solution?
zulujos

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Closing duplicated topic per user request. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers