SampleTank and Cubase Elements 8 [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank and Cubase Elements 8 [Resolved]

Postby alagazam » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 pm

I don't understand how to get SampleTank into Cubase.

I have used the software installer to install VST plugins and the standalone app. I have all sounds in a directory, and I can see them in the standalone app.

What must I do to see them in Cubase?
alagazam

Re: SampleTanke and Cubase Elements 8

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Hello alagazam and welcome to the forum.

First of all, does the standalone SampleTank program run OK, load and play instruments etc?

SampleTank is a 64-bit program and plug-in (plug-in formats: AAX, VST 2, VST 3, and Audio Units). Is Cubase Elements 8 64-bit? Or do you need to run it in 64-bit mode?

Have you used other 64-bit third-party plug-ins in Cubase *?

Is Cubase scanning the folder where the SampleTank plug-in is installed?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby alagazam » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:42 pm

DarkStar wrote:Hello alagazam and welcome to the forum.

First of all, does the standalone SampleTank program run OK, load and play instruments etc?

SampleTank is a 64-bit program and plug-in (plug-in formats: AAX, VST 2, VST 3, and Audio Units). Is Cubase Elements 8 64-bit? Or do you need to run it in 64-bit mode?

Have you used other 64-bit third-party plug-ins in Cubase *?

Is Cubase scanning the folder where the SampleTank plug-in is installed?

Thanks - and thanks to you for your quick answer.

Cubase Elements 8 is 64-bit software and I have other 64-bit plug-ins running.

I have tried to understand where the SampleTank plug-in is installed but I haven't found it in any of the folders I thought it should be.
Last edited by alagazam on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alagazam

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:46 pm

And the standalone SampleTank program runs OK?

When the ST installer runs there is a stage where you can select the location for the VST2 plug-in.

Which format plug-ins is Cubase using? VST3? VST2?

Do a Search of your system for "SampleTank" - you should find the plug-in that way.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby alagazam » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 pm

DarkStar wrote:And the standalone SampleTank program runs OK?

When the ST installer runs there is a stage where you can select the location for the VST2 plug-in.

Which format plug-ins is Cubase using? VST3? VST2?

Do a Search of your system for "SampleTank" - you should find the plug-in that way.

The standalone app can find all instruments. I haven't configured it yet so I don't know if the instruments work, but I guess they do.

When searching for "SampleTank" I get nothing. Do you know the name of the plug-in?

I set the location for the plug-in during installation and have configured Cubase to scan that folder but that doesn't help.

EDIT:

I have sound in the stand alone app.
alagazam

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:06 pm

The VST edition is "SampleTank 4.dll" or "SampleTank 4.vst3". Hence my suggestion to search for "SampleTank". But, which plug-in format are you using?

Are you using OSx - I think you have to do something special to do a full search of the whole disk, but I do not know what.

Rerun the software installer and double-check that you selected to install the plug-in. Then cancel it.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby alagazam » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:19 pm

DarkStar wrote:The VST edition is "SampleTank 4.dll" or "SampleTank 4.vst3". Hence my suggestion to search for "SampleTank". But, which plug-in format are you using?

Are you using OSx - I think you have to do something special to do a full search of the whole disk, but I do not know what.

Rerun the software installer and double-check that you selected to install the plug-in. Then cancel it.

I reran the installation and double-checked that both the VST and the VST3 plugin where checked as well as the standalone executable.

I also set the folder in which setup should install VST and VST3 plugin files (in my case it is D:\SampleTank). That is the same folder that I have told Cubase to scan on startup.

And this time it worked! :-)

I think the difference was that I executed the install file as an Administrator.

I see SampleTank in Cubase and the intruments sounds fine.

I am 100 % certain that I installed the plugins before aswell. I guess it was the Administrator thing that made the difference.

Thanks for your time.
alagazam

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:37 pm

Good oh! :)

Now, go make some music.

------------------------------------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More