Preset area?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Preset area?

Postby david34000 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi.
I have just purchased Amplitube Max and have to say that I love it. My only gripe is the lack of a preset sharing area on this forum. It would be so nice to download and share presets that others have made. I see that there was a preset xchange area once, why was it stopped? Is it copyright issues, or something else?
Are there any plans to make another?
david34000

Re: Preset area?

Postby Mjdemeo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:24 am

please let me know if you find one haha I'm also in search.

Best,
Mike
Mjdemeo

Postby carlaz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:34 pm

This question comes up so often that there should be a sticky post for it! :lol:

Once upon a time, there was a preset-sharing section of the IK Multimedia web page, but it disappeared ages ago and shows no obvious signs of returning anytime soon. There is no official word on why.

At the moment, there is a fan-run Facebook group for preset sharing. It's pretty active, but obviously Facebook is not really a good interface for this sort of thing and not everyone uses Facebook. Still, if you do use Facebook, you should be able to search for the group and find it pretty easily. (It has some fairly obvious name, like "Amplitube Preset Exchange" or something like that!)

There used to be some online forums for general amp sim preset charing (for Amplitube and other software), but I don't know if they're still active.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Out of curiosity does any know the reasoning for IK not offering their users a Preset Exchange ?
I just find it hard to understand why a company wouldn't offer this simple highly requested addition to their software line to their loyal customers.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby carlaz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:06 pm

As noted, there is no official word on why the old preset exchange was deprecated nor on why nothing has replaced it. Your guess is as good as mine!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby david34000 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:36 pm

It would be nice if IK Multimedia gave an official reason for not having one, as it would add to the enjoyment and learning curve of using Amplitube. There is hardly any way of finding or buying new presets (the best I can find is Choptones, but they're nearly all metal).

PLEASE GIVE US THE REASON AMPLITUBE!!!!!!

p.s And I do make my own, but it is nice to get a bit if inspiration from others sometime.
david34000

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:37 am

There is no official statement on this. There is currently no preset exchange on the updated web site as it was not possible when that update happened. The requests for a preset exchange have been relayed to the correct people at IK. Thank you.

Also please do not use all capitals. It is the text equivalent of shouting. We need to keep it civil here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby david34000 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Also please do not use all capitals

Thats noted - sorry

Thanks for the reply.
david34000

Postby ugpfpv » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:22 pm

I also think it would be great to have a preset area for all the products.
Is there any rule against posting a link to presets in this forum?
ugpfpv

Postby martmix » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:53 am

ugpfpv wrote:I also think it would be great to have a preset area for all the products.
Is there any rule against posting a link to presets in this forum?

for now i think we only have this option...
martmix

Postby stormwatch1977 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:20 pm

I'd like to request this area too. I'm not great at making my own presets and would really like to try ones made my people who know what they're doing.

Sorry if I'm not supposed to have bumped an old thread.
stormwatch1977

Postby lorne.white » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:30 pm

The old IK web site did have a preset sharing area which I enjoyed. Let's bring it back and consider integrating it into the software for searches and downloading.
lorne.white

Postby ChrisMowag » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:28 am

Bumpidibump.

As someone who is just getting into effects in general (and software in particular), a major reason for me when deciding between [mod edit: another product] and amplitube is the possibility to download other guitarists takes on recreating specific sounds.

While I love the amplitube 5 interface and the (in my opinion) more realistic sound without much fiddling knobs to make it sound realistic (I hope that sentence makes sense), the absence of a sharing place for user presets is a real dealbreaker to me.
ChrisMowag

Postby rspst14 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:15 pm

A Facebook group has been set up for this exact purpose. Feel free to join us, it's called "Amplitube Knowledge and Preset Sharing".
rspst14

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling