Trials and/or refunds

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Trials and/or refunds

Postby metallixro » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:26 am

Hello,

I'm interested in the Dimebag CFH plugin.
Does IK not offer any trials or at least refunds on purchased software ? I've read around the FAQ but I havent seen any of the two options.
I have been buying amp sim software/plugins from other major developers and all of them offer either a trial version or a refund.
Try before you buy ? Come on IK its 2020 already.

Thanks!
metallixro

Re: Trials and/or refunds

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:53 am

Hello metallixro and welcome to the forums.

Yes, there is a try before you buy for AmpliTube and all gear available.

First you need to download, install and authorise the AmpliTube 4CS software which gives you a small range of gear to use, for free with no limitations.

Then, using the Custom Shop app which will also be installed, you can trial any and all pieces of gear for 72 hours including the Dimebag collection.

This page will tell you all you need to know, but feel free to ask more questions on the forums if you need to.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=info

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:18 pm

We also have an FAQ with the steps to demo software at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798 for reference. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sibelius19 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:58 am

What if we bought a product thinking it was part of the group buy but it's not?
Can I get a refund so I can actually buy something that is part of it?
Sibelius19

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:17 pm

Please contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a red button link to the Support form. Sales Support can look at your Account and see if anything can be done.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account, nor deal with such Account issues.

As the GB will close soon, you might wish to join it anyway and pursue the possible refund separately. I am sure that you will double-check what you are buying to make sure that it qualifies.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Sibelius19 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks!
Yeah, I was confused by the banners at the top when I was searching for qualifying products (and I saw Tascam Tape Collection and bit on that). I don't understand why it's advertised still, when I'm looking for specific products in that window. It was my mistake, but also still a bit confusing in my opinion.
Sibelius19

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:59 pm

It looks like the GB has been extended until November 07:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=11269

I guess you mean this page (accessed by clicking on the "T-RackS 5 processors" link on the GB page):

Yes I can understand your confusion. And it is certainly worth raising with Sales Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Sibelius19 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:03 pm

Exactly.
There should be a list of exclusions in detail in my opinion. It would be much more clear.
But, I do admit it was my mistake. I was too eager to get that particular collection to be honest, and I was focused on it. And being that I thought I was in a specific page that was for group buy only products I thought it was part of it. A little more careful thought and I would have figured it out that that particular banner is actually on every page, etc.
I have contacted them and raised the issue I had. I hope they can accommodate me.
I should have gone with my first instinct which was the MixBox :(
Sibelius19

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling