Install questions [Resolved]

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Install questions [Resolved]

Postby rpontius » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:19 am

So, the main question I have is with the IK Multimedia stuff. Since I have bought promos and stuff to get like the upgrade for Syntronik and to Sample Tank 4 Max is the install process smart enough on IK Multimedia's end to know what I have been purchasing? IE when I install Total Studio Max will it know that I have the upgrades already or will I have to run more installs? I notice that like some of the software versions are the same for like Sample Tank 3 Max and Sample Tank 4 Max for instance listed in my user area.

And I dont want to do anything redundantly. Meaning like I think for one promo I selected the Dimebag Darrel package and also the tape machines. Will those auto install? Or do I have to run the upgrades too. Now I haven't even installed Total Studio Max yet but that is where I want to start right?
rpontius

Re: Install questions

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 am

Hi rpontius

Tricky to say definitively as it depends what you already have bought/ installed. For example, Total Studio Max doesn't include EVERY product currently available so if you have the additional products you will have to manually install them.

rpontius wrote:I notice that like some of the software versions are the same for like Sample Tank 3 Max and Sample Tank 4 Max for instance listed in my user area.

While Total Studio includes ST3 plus 24 libraries, it doesn't include the whole of ST4MAX, just ST4SE, so you may already have additional content to download that will need installation. The apps themselves are the same, the level of content is what changes depending on what you've bought.

And for gear/modules such as Dimebag (AT4) and Tape Machines (TR5) these are unlocked with serial numbers in their respective software, so as long as you have the most up-to-date version installed they will already be on your machine.

Hope that helps (and I hope I've understood your questions correctly :? )
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby rpontius » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:25 am

Thank you. I'm starting from scratch. Haven't installed anything yet. Just trying to figure out if I install Total Studio Max first then run the upgrades or if there is intelligence there to know what upgrades I have coming. Like a sodtware update from Microsoft Update if you will.

I think I understand what you are saying about the serial numbers.
rpontius

Postby garfy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:47 am

rpontius wrote:I'm starting from scratch. Haven't installed anything yet.

Ok, that makes things a little easier.

rpontius wrote:Just trying to figure out if I install Total Studio Max first then run the upgrades or if there is intelligence there to know what upgrades I have coming. Like a sodtware update from Microsoft Update if you will.

No, there is no automated upgrade that will happen. Everything relies on the Serial Numbers based on your product purchase. For example, installing the latest version of AT4 is the same for everyone but their serial number will unlock whatever they have paid for. In your case, you will need to authorise your Dimebag Darrell serial number separately with the Manager along with the TSMAX serial. This will unlock all the content from AT4MAX plus the Dimebag gear. You will not need to download anything additionally. This will work in similar fashion for anything extra you have purchased for T-RackS.

With regards to anything based on sample content (SampleTank, Syntronik, Miroslav 2 etc) the initial install of the app is the same for everyone. However, your serial numbers will give you access to various levels of sample content to be downloaded from your User Area. For example, someone with the standard version of SampleTank will see less content files to download than someone that has purchased the MAX version.

So, in answer to your original question...

rpontius wrote:is the install process smart enough on IK Multimedia's end to know what I have been purchasing?

...not the install process itself, but your serial numbers are the smart things.

In essence, using the serial number shown in your User Area for Total Studio Max in the Authorisation Manager will unlock ALL products included in that software bundle. Anything additional you have purchased on top of that will need to be authorised separately.

I would suggest that, should you have any problems with the install you could open a ticket with official IK Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ as they will have access to your account (which us Mods don't) and will be able to advise you on any specific issue you may have.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby rpontius » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:46 pm

Thank you that essentially answers what I was looking for!
rpontius

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:57 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions