IRig Stomp I/O needs it's own driver

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRig Stomp I/O needs it's own driver

Postby chappie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:12 pm

I know, I know....the topic has been covered...but honestly. Why does the Stomp I/O not have it's own driver? Asio4all is not dependable and I'm not able to hear/play music from another source on my PC when Amplitube or BiasFX is being used. Virtual Cable is not an option and it shouldn't need to be used. IK just needs to release a driver for the Stomp I/O. It shouldn't be that difficult should it?

Sorry to sound negative...I love the device and the ability to use it in so many ways...but honestly using asio4all is a pain in the rear.
chappie

Re: IRig Stomp I/O needs it's own driver

Postby craigik » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:05 pm

The same goes for the iRig Pro I/O. I agree with everything you said. My other USB audio interface has its own ASIO driver and I can use Amplitube and still hear audio from web sites, etc. at the same time.
craigik

Postby winterfire » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:40 am

agree with u
winterfire

Postby mseals » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:44 pm

Totally agree +100%. C'mon IK Multimedia, please take care of those of us who want to use our Stomp I/O with our laptops!
mseals

Postby nakedcity1010 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:34 am

I agree totally. I just set up my Stomp I/O and ASIO4ALL on my desktop PC and had some issues...I still am getting a slight delay/latency even on buffer size 64.

Previously I was using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo which has it's own driver...way easier.
nakedcity1010

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:46 am

Please keep an eye out for news on the Windows driver front for iRig products, starting with the new iRig Pro Duo I/O's driver that we mentioned with its release.

Also, if you are having problems with ASIO4ALL we do have a FAQ for those who do not know and it has all the proper steps, settings, and such: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nakedcity1010 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:01 am

Hi Peter,

Do you know if these new drivers provide native ASIO, low latency and multiple audio support?

Thanks,
NC
nakedcity1010

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:31 pm

nakedcity1010 wrote:Hi Peter,

Do you know if these new drivers provide native ASIO, low latency and multiple audio support?

Thanks,
NC

The iRig Pro Duo drivers are.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nakedcity1010 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:35 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
nakedcity1010 wrote:Hi Peter,

Thanks,
NC

The iRig Pro Duo drivers are.

Is there any way to see details/docs on the iRig Pro Duo drivers? On the IKM website, I can't see downloads for that product because I don't own it...
nakedcity1010

Postby nakedcity1010 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:49 pm

And by the way, I went back to my Focusrite Scarlett Solo for input/output because the latency on the Stomp I/O was still noticeable to me even with a buffer size of 64. I played with all the settings on ASIO4ALL, and I would say it is working as best it can with those generic drivers, but the latency is still there (as are the setup challenges and the fact that multiple audio sources are not available).

Sooo...I'm now running audio in/out via the Focusrite, and the Stomp I/O does all the switching. Once I got both drivers installed and rebooted the PC, both worked great.

I'm actually very happy with this setup, but it would have been a bummer if I didn't have the Focusrite to fall back on.
nakedcity1010

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:02 pm

You shouldn't be experiencing noticeable latency at 64. Did you report this to IK Support? I'm sure they could advise.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ad_Astra » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:13 am

Any updates yet?

I can use my iRig Stomp I/O only as controller for using it as an audio interface is useless.
Ad_Astra

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:33 am

We will post news on our site when we have further information about this.

ASIO4ALL does work for iRig Stomp I/O so you should be able to use it for more than a controller. Please work with or continue to work with support and they will be able to get you up and running.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers