Connecting iRig Pro to Audio Amp

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Connecting iRig Pro to Audio Amp

Postby enahmad » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:47 am

I wish to connect an instrument transducer to the input of the iRig Pro, supplying it with phantom power from the iRig Pro itself, and the output to an audio amplifier. This amplifier has 1/4" input plug. (I could use a 3.5mm to 1/4" converter, the size is not the issue.) What I don't know is if an adaptor exists to convert the lightning or the USB ports in the output cable of the iRig Pro to an audio jack.

Or, if a separate cable exists (from IK Multimedia or otherwise) with the mini-DIN socket in one end (for the iRig Pro output) and an audio jack on the other end.

The setup above would provide me with a portable preamp which can supply phantom power. Many thanks.
enahmad

Re: Connecting iRig Pro to Audio Amp

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:28 am

Unfortunately, no, we do not offer an adapter to connect the Mini-DIN port of the iRig Pro or iRig Pro I/O to an audio output. This is designed for Mac/PC, iOS, or Android connections. Without a connected device, the units will not operate as designed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to General Discussions