using a guitar as a controller for sampletank [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

using a guitar as a controller for sampletank [Resolved]

Postby vac713 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:16 pm

New to the whole MIDI thing do pardon my ignorance. I want to use a guitar as a controller for sampletank rather than a keyboard. Can I connect my guitar to my IO Stomp with the MIDI out of the Stomp into my iRig Midi 2? If so, is the IO Stomp MIDI polyphonic? I also have a AXE IO if that means anything. Any help is greatly appreciated
vac713

Re: using a guitar as a controller for sampletank

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi, you would need something to convert the audio signal from your guitar into MIDI data. iRig Stomp I/O has a MIDI interface, but that is for its controller features. There are companies like Fishman whose TriplePlay may do what you are thinking of.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:35 pm

OK so maybe I'm stuck with the keyboard as the only option. I need something where I don't have to switch octaves though. Will any 88key midi controller keyboard work with the Irig Midi ?
vac713

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:54 pm

Do you already have iRig MIDI? Since that has been replaced with iRig MIDI 2 if you are looking for a new interface, but either will interface with any standard 88-key controller that has standard 5-pin MIDI ports.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Ah, the plot thickens..... what if I have a GR55 guitar synth? Can I take the midi or USB out of that and trigger ST$?
vac713

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:10 pm

vac713 wrote:Ah, the plot thickens..... what if I have a GR55 guitar synth? Can I take the midi or USB out of that and trigger ST$?

If that sends standard MIDI notes then yes that should work!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:30 am

worked like a charm
vac713

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:19 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More