Unattended install

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Unattended install

Postby wrnbrg » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi,

Really horrible to get all content of SampleTank4 downloaded since it's a bunch of files. Would be nice if they had, say a Torrent file for the whole lot.

But.....

Is there a good way to install everything or do I really have to install every single package manually or have I missed something. If not, does anybody know if there are arguments to the exe-files so I can build a batchfile to install unattended?

I'm not really up to sit by my computer night after night to make the install complete. Would be nice to start and let it work until done.

Tnx!
wrnbrg

Re: Unattended install

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is one file at a time at the moment. IK Multimedia is working on a Download / Installation Manager, but no release date has been announced.

------------
PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers' etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here:.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby wrnbrg » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:34 pm

Ok, thought there might be an install argument which would have made in possible to script all files without hands on install.

Thank for heads up about username. :D
wrnbrg

Postby kfortin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:44 am

Does the USB version of ST4 streamline the installation of the sound files (compared to the download version)?

Or does the USB version also involve unzipping and running dozens of installers?

Thanks!
kfortin

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Nope, it is many .zip files. And there are some that did not fit on the USB drive and need to be downloaded from your User Area / My Products.

Peter - IK Multimedia, some time ago wrote:
Bruceferraudi wrote:So doing a fresh ST4 Max USB install on a new computer and I haven't installed my prior copy of ST3 yet. How would I best going about doing this, what sequence should I follow from the USB version?

Register your SampleTank 4 serial number first. Then, I would recommend downloading and installing the 4.0.3 latest version from your IK User Area first followed by Instruments Installer 1.1. You can then skip the application installer on your USB stick.

Then, you can run the sound library installers from your USB stick to install all the sounds (there should be a SampleTank 4 sound library installer and a SampleTank 3 sound library installer, run each of those).

Next, download the additional pianos available in your IK User Area (these are the additional files that would not fit on the USB stick):

Additional Piano Instruments
Additional Piano Samples Part 1
Additional Piano Samples Part 2
Additional Piano Samples Part 3
Additional Piano Samples Part 4
Additional Piano Samples Part 5
Additional Piano Samples Part 6
Additional Piano Samples Part 7
Additional Piano Samples Part 8
Additional Piano Samples Part 9
Additional Piano Samples Part 10

Finally, download the latest sound updater (1.3) from your IK User Area and run that.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kfortin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:39 pm

OK. Good to know. Thanks, Dark Star (and Peter)!
kfortin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More