MODO Bass - Can't bypass amp/ cab section or export just DI?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Bass - Can't bypass amp/ cab section or export just DI?

Postby JasonBakker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:26 am

I've used other bass programming software in the past, which create DI audio that you can then run into something like Amplitube. I understand that MODO Bass is designed to make things all in one, but honestly, it's not deep enough for my needs. I usually split my bass DI into at least 2 or 3 tracks all with different EQ, compression, etc, but here I am not able to process the DI as it's own track. Am I missing something or is this not an included feature? I would imagine it should be pretty easy to just bypass the whole AMP/ FX section and hear only the DI.
JasonBakker

Re: MODO Bass - Can't bypass amp/ cab section or export just

Postby JasonBakker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:39 am

Hmm, I just realized that if I turn the pedals off and put amp at 0 volume and DI at 10, it SEEMS like it gives out a totally unprocessed signal. Am I correct?
JasonBakker

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Yes. You turn AMP to zero and only use the DI level.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JasonBakker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Thanks! I feel in an update you should make it so you can just bypass each section if you want like in Amplitube.
JasonBakker

Postby JasonBakker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Also, what do you feel is the best velocity for heavy metal music in this software? like 90, 110 or so?
JasonBakker

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS