Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby playinmyblues » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:28 pm

It would be very useful to be able to turn the MIDI Thru on and off using the hardware interface. I do not want to have to access the Uno through an editor to turn MIDI Thru on or off when I am using the Uno Synth without a computer or an iPad.

This will make it much easier to use with DAWless setups.

Edit: It could also be very helpful when using the synth with setups connected to a computer or the iPad as you currently have to access a second menu to get to the MIDI functionality in the Uno Software Editor.
playinmyblues

Postby darewe » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:02 am

Greedy "More, more, more..." requests.

1. Choose starting phase of the LFO for sync mode (and retriggered LFO as requested previously)
2. adjust linearity/exponentiality of envelopes
3. Separate Timbre Presets from sequence presets. So they can be changed independently.
4. Modulate (LFO/ Envelope) oscillator 2 pitch independently.
5. Custom LFO with user defined shapes like LFOTool with selectable envelope mode (no loop, noteOn trigger)
6. Modulation matrix for LFO and envelope destinations. Modulate the modulator options...

Is resetting the oscillator cycle possible in a timely noiseless manner with this hardware?

Edit: Finally read through the list and saw I shouldn't duplicate... Sorry :oops:
Last edited by darewe on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
darewe

Postby darewe » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm

More still.
1. When saving presets:
If you select preset A then alter it and save it as preset B then alter that to save preset C the default save location would make more sense to be preset B's.
e.g. If I like preset 5, alter it, then save it to location 77, then alter that and come to save I'd prefer the default location to be 77 (or 78) not 21.

2. Alt + 4th matrix rotary control = Data wheel (scroll through presets/other settings)

3. When saving presets. Can holding alt enable you to play the preset you are about to overwrite? So if the sequencer is playing it will play the sequence for the location you are about to write to in the location's sound while alt is held down. And while you hold down alt you can play the keys in the sound you are about to overwrite.

4. Quantise control. Alt + Tempo split into ranges:
Tempo control @ 0-25% Record Quantise On
Tempo control @ 25-50% Record Quantise Off
Tempo control @ 50-100% Quantise current recorded sequence by 0 - 100%

Original recorded timings would be retained (or microtiming edited versions - see below) so subsequent adjustments to quantise would work with these values. i.e. if you chose to quantise your sequence by 75% you could still go back to the original recording by choosing 0% or choose any lower than 75% quantised version of the original.

5 Micro timings (alt Rec mode - hold pad and adjust tempo / press data buttons to push note event forward or back in microtime)
darewe

Postby rbwilliams » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Hello.

I just got an UNO Synth. And I love it! Not sure how easy this would be, but since the envelopes are all software controlled, could there be an envelope inverting switch (like the JUNO-106) in the editor?

Thank you!
rbwilliams

Postby playinmyblues » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:27 am

rbwilliams wrote:Hello.

I just got an UNO Synth. And I love it! Not sure how easy this would be, but since the envelopes are all software controlled, could there be an envelope inverting switch (like the JUNO-106) in the editor?

Thank you!

Welcome to the group.

There have been updates to the firmware for the Uno. You can access, both envelopes by pressing and holding the ENV and FILTER buttons. The LED will blink to let you know you have accessed the alternate function. From there, they are regular ADSR envelopes.
playinmyblues

Postby Faith. » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:38 pm

4vientos wrote:A volume control for each page of the editor would be great,
and the 'Waiting for UNO' message could use a detailed chart
showing which options would be applicable in a range of
common use cases.
Cheers

+1 on this.

[mod redacted - not a wishlist item, report issues to support]

Then, going through priorities, I think the most important things to implement in the firmware update should be:
1) TRANSPOSING SEQUENCER
2) PWM LFO ROUTING OPTION ON PANEL
3) 32 STEP SEQUENCER (maybe this could be achieved by adding the possibility to chain two presets with an ALT function)
4) OSCILLATOR 2 SYNC
5) SLOWER LFO SPEED (seriously, at '1' it's still too fast)
Faith.

Postby karpycustom » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:43 am

Faith. wrote:
4vientos wrote:Then, going through priorities, I think the most important things to implement in the firmware update should be:
1) TRANSPOSING SEQUENCER
2) PWM LFO ROUTING OPTION ON PANEL
3) 32 STEP SEQUENCER (maybe this could be achieved by adding the possibility to chain two presets with an ALT function)
4) OSCILLATOR 2 SYNC
5) SLOWER LFO SPEED (seriously, at '1' it's still too fast)

I agree on these priorities.
For longer sequence, a nice solution would be the posibility to link presets one after the other as in the demo. It would be nice to edit the chain in the editor.
For example:
* Preset 21, 4 repetitions, link to 22
* Preset 22, 2 repetitions, link to 21

This would configure a loop ring of 96 steps.
having 80 presets the game could go for prety long sequences.

In addition, an easy way to cooy/paste presets, and a way to load them via MIDI CC would be nice.
karpycustom

Postby karpycustom » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:33 pm

4vientos wrote:1) TRANSPOSING SEQUENCER

It would be nice to have Transposing both for Arpegiator and Sequencer.
One could activate the transposing with ALT+HOLD and show this mode with the Hold led blinking.
With this mode activated one would just set the first note of the arpegio or sequence with the keyboard.

I am enjoying this synth so much that I can't stop thinking on ways to improve it.
Thank you very much for this compact and rich synth :D
karpycustom

Postby mungewell » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:11 am

karpycustom wrote:In addition, an easy way to cooy/paste presets, and a way to load them via MIDI CC would be nice.

Unofficial information in my GitHub project:
https://github.com/mungewell/uno-synth-utils

You can use sysex to 'jump' to any of the presets, ie 100 (0x64 in hex)
Code: Select all
$ amidi -p hw:1,0,0 -S 'f0 00 21 1a 02 01 33 64 f7'
mungewell

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:36 pm

karpycustom wrote:In addition, an easy way to cooy/paste presets, and a way to load them via MIDI CC would be nice.

Thanks for the posts!

If you have a preset selected you can press and hold the PRESET button, then use the DATA UP/DOWN buttons to save this preset elsewhere (Tap PRESET again to save). This should help you get a copy/paste feel in the meantime. Also, if you use Mac/PC or iOS the UNO Synth Editor Librarian is also great for this.

To change presets via MIDI, you can use MIDI PC messages. These should be a nice quick way to get where you need to. The UNO Synth Editor offers an option to turn MIDI PC send and recieved on/off.

Hope this helps! :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby karpycustom » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:41 pm

mungewell wrote:

Unofficial information in my GitHub project:
https://github.com/mungewell/uno-synth-utils

You can use sysex to 'jump' to any of the presets, ie 100 (0x64 in hex)
Code: Select all
$ amidi -p hw:1,0,0 -S 'f0 00 21 1a 02 01 33 64 f7'

Wow, very interesting development!

I was working on an easy graphic midi editor also based on mido for this and other synths.
But your module opens a new universe for the Uno.
Thank you very much.
If I do any improvement I will PR ;)
karpycustom

Postby karpycustom » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:
If you have a preset selected you can press and hold the PRESET button, then use the DATA UP/DOWN buttons to save this preset elsewhere (Tap PRESET again to save). This should help you get a copy/paste feel in the meantime. Also, if you use Mac/PC or iOS the UNO Synth Editor Librarian is also great for this.

To change presets via MIDI, you can use MIDI PC messages. These should be a nice quick way to get where you need to. The UNO Synth Editor offers an option to turn MIDI PC send and recieved on/off.

Hope this helps! :D

Thank you!
This way of saving presets is very convinient, and the idea os sending PC messages also very promissing.
karpycustom

Postby sikdrumz » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi guys,

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrated, and Happy Black Friday today :D

I was going to ask the mods to give us something to celebrate, either today or at least for Christmas...

Please can we know when the next Uno Synth update will arrive (and what's likely to be in it)?!

Uno Synth has a lot of fans, but we are kinda being left in the cold as far as updates and feedback are concerned...

It would be nice to know.

Main items on my wishlist:

- Can the LFOs be retriggered so we can make reliable rises, per-note S&H randomisations etc.?

- Please can we have the patch library built into the VST plugin, as it is for the standalone software?

Thank you Santa! :D
sikdrumz

Postby countrymetalman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:25 am

:idea: Sequencer on-line transposing - the lowest pressed key will give the first note of sequence, from internal touch-keyboard and from external midi/usb keyboard too!

I have a Toraiz AS-1 (Prophet 6 module) and there is possible online seq transposing!
countrymetalman

Postby Ramunas » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:26 am

Id like to ask to add Paraphony.

I believe it should be possible because Novation Bass Station 2 got paraphony with a firmware update.

Also i dont know if its possible but maybe add some digital FX, like chorus, distortion and eq? maybe its something possible to integrate in the editor if not in to the synth directly.
Ramunas

PreviousNext

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth