AXE I/O Now Available

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: AXE I/O Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:34 pm

That's not surprising with a proper audio interface. Basically, the audio interface is going to do one job at a time, so your latency etc is as low and efficient as possible.

However, there is a FAQ to help you get interfaces like AXE I/O to work with AmpliTube/etc and your system sound: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1236
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Paul Kemp » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:That's not surprising with a proper audio interface. Basically, the audio interface is going to do one job at a time, so your latency etc is as low and efficient as possible.

However, there is a FAQ to help you get interfaces like AXE I/O to work with AmpliTube/etc and your system sound: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1236

Thanks again, Peter. But using asio4all it's worse than AXE asio, right? I mean about latency and quality sound...
Paul Kemp

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:22 pm

Paul Kemp wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:That's not surprising with a proper audio interface. Basically, the audio interface is going to do one job at a time, so your latency etc is as low and efficient as possible.

Thanks again, Peter. But using asio4all it's worse than AXE asio, right? I mean about latency and quality sound...

That FAQ has worked for others without issue to achieve what you are looking to do, I don't think it will be noticeable. However, when recording full songs etc and not playing along with system sounds I'd definitely stick with the purpose-built AXE I/O driver.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby edmundtownes » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Dear IK Multimedia,

I've been using Amplitube in Windows since version 3. I've been using Amplitube iOS a bit longer. I owned the first version of the iRig. I bought an iRig Stomp I/O almost a year ago. And today, I got an Axe I/O. In all this time, I've not heard or felt Amplitube the way it does running through the Axe I/O. All latency issues are resolved. The weird and annoying frequency is all but eliminated around 8kHz. Everything feels solid. I did some research about JFET preamps and can definitely hear a difference, for the better, in JFET over pure, albeit a VERY subtle difference.

The control panel is a feast for the eyes and makes getting an -18dB signal into the device TRIVIAL.

All the amps sound and feel different, now. They feel real. They feel solid. I had no idea what I was missing before, using all assortment of audio interfaces. I was convinced all the ads and reviews were, at least, a littel hyperbole. They're not.

Thank you for these exceptional tools.

Yours truly,
Jonathan Townes

I've used Amplitube in some form or another on all my music releases since 2012. But this is the first time I've REALLY felt the power! No need to use Bias, AxeFX, Helix or Kemper.....

I'm in heaven. Might be time to make a trip to Italy to say thanks!!!!!

Yours truly,
Jonathan Townes
edmundtownes

Postby virtzberg » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:36 am

Is the AXE I/O Guitar Audio Interface it just an audio interface that connects to the computer, or can it also be used only as a guitar processor that connects through the line-in of other audio interface like my Antelope' or straight to the mixer in live situation?
Ilan Virtzberg
virtzberg

Postby Aymezic » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Hello,
I'm looking for a audio interface for my live gigs.
I play on electric and electro-acoustic guitar, iPad with Bias Fx and Amplitube to PA.
AXE I/0 is a good choice ?
Aymezic

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:09 pm

virtzberg wrote:Is the AXE I/O Guitar Audio Interface it just an audio interface that connects to the computer, or can it also be used only as a guitar processor that connects through the line-in of other audio interface like my Antelope' or straight to the mixer in live situation?
Ilan Virtzberg

It is meant to connect to a computer as an audio interface. You may be able to get creative with the amp out but it still wouldn't be purpose-built as a standalone/DI for what you mention.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Aymezic wrote:Hello,
I'm looking for a audio interface for my live gigs.
I play on electric and electro-acoustic guitar, iPad with Bias Fx and Amplitube to PA.
AXE I/0 is a good choice ?

AXE I/O is not an iOS audio interface, it is built for Mac/PC. You may want to look at our large line of mobile interfaces or compare them at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/myinterface/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jmose661 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 am

Is this app or download
jmose661

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 am

AXE I/O is hardware, plus software for PC/Mac. Check it out here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/axeio/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dharya » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:22 am

Thanks for the information.
dharya

Postby matth2504 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:45 pm

Has this got official support from any other specific DAWs.
matth2504

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:34 pm

matth2504 wrote:Has this got official support from any other specific DAWs.

AXE I/O is a professional audio interface with its own official ASIO drivers and is class compliant on Mac thus will work with any DAW that supports proper audio interfaces.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hangar161 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi, thanks for all the replies concerning AXE I/O. I am thinking of buying it myself.
I got some questions though since i primarily play acoustic guitar;

1. I will connect a Rode NT4 stereo mic into the interface (two XLR cables) and therefore I am wondering how good the microphone preamps are? I have looked on the Internet for videos where I can see them being used but I haven't found any.

2. Is it right that I can not record instrumental line-in plus two microphone inputs at the same time since that would be 3 inputs, and this interface is 2 in/5 out?

3. Does the preset knob work without having midi connected?

Thank you in advance!
hangar161

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:48 pm

hangar161 wrote:Hi, thanks for all the replies concerning AXE I/O. I am thinking of buying it myself.
I got some questions though since i primarily play acoustic guitar;

1. I will connect a Rode NT4 stereo mic into the interface (two XLR cables) and therefore I am wondering how good the microphone preamps are? I have looked on the Internet for videos where I can see them being used but I haven't found any.

2. Is it right that I can not record instrumental line-in plus two microphone inputs at the same time since that would be 3 inputs, and this interface is 2 in/5 out?

3. Does the preset knob work without having midi connected?

Thank you in advance!

1. They are very good preamps, in both spec and sound
2. You are correct, you'd be using both available inputs in that scenario
3. Yes, the preset knob works without MIDI cables connected
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements