Official UNO Drum Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Official UNO Drum Wish list!

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:17 am

This will be the official thread for UNO Drum feature requests. Please post anything you think would make the UNO Drum a more effective tool for you. Moving forward, all older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.

Thanks in advance for all of your interest and participation!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Official UNO Drum Wish list!

Postby portseventeen » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:17 pm

- Polyrhythms
- Copy Page / Bar to allow expanding an existing pattern easily
- Larger range on analog sounds. Longer BD/Tom Decay and snap not turning completely off comes to mind. I miss having infinite BD decay à la MFB Tanzbar. I'm not sure if the whole range is mapped.
- low pass filter for all digi sounds (seems unlikely but maybe possible?)
Last edited by portseventeen on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
portseventeen

Postby albertpauw » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:04 pm

It would be nice to be able to replace the drum samples. Maybe latin percussion samples.

I am still looking for the Quijada, which is the rattle thing on the Korg Minipops 7, made famous by Jean-Michel Jarre in Oxygene.
albertpauw

Postby highstandards » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:23 pm

A choke function that lets users specify which of multiple elements should take priority when sounded simultaneously, such as the hi-hat closed and open sounds of some famous drum machines.
highstandards

Postby phonx » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:46 pm

The ability to pan each sound. Am I missing something because I don't see the ability to do this anywhere and who wants all their drums coming out the center?
phonx

Postby Fesster » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:19 am

UNO is great but two things would make it stellar...sample import and panning of instruments.

Even if sample import was limited to replacing even one sound of each element that would suffice. I like most of the PCM samples and the analog sounds are really nice, but if I could import my own samples, pan them and have the same control as the other PCM instruments- that would be OFF THE HOOK! :D

Hopefully, there's room and processing power left to implement these updates.

Thanks for reading :)
Fesster

Postby quince.traction » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:35 pm

Pan............... Left...... Right.....
quince.traction

Postby mickmelon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Here's a few ideas I shared on the uno drum facebook.

1 - please can we make mute mute the midi output as well? Also, it should really just mute the sequencer triggers and not the element audio. We don't want decay tails getting cut off.

2 - Possible bug? shouldn't division be saved on a per pattern basis with length? If I want to do a double resolution pattern in 4/8 and program and save a pattern, all subsequently selected patterns play back at 4/8. Even if they were saved as 4/4.

3 - Was thinking it would be a smart move to offer a complementary firmware, if the analogue voices are fully digitally controlled. What I mean is; in the alt firmware the analogue elements 1-6 make percussion noises - kick 1 and 2 are toms, snare is a rimshot, hihhats are cymbals, clap is a maraca, while the pcm voices do kick snare hi hat and clap. The upshot is you can buy another Uno drum to have 6 more analogue percussion voices, and link it to the original via audio in. Fans like me would buy another I think. That way 2 Uno drums take on any other drum machine you can think of sonically. You would get another round of hardware sales for the sake of the programming overhead. Is it possible?

4 - It would be awesome to be able to optionally reverse the amount behaviour of stutter so that 1 only affects crash and 12 includes kick 1. Would add a totally different flavour to keep the core beat going while the percussion stutters. Maybe as an alt combo? Or even better, holding stutter and a pad toggles that element available or unavailable to stutter

5 - Could holding mute and pressing select all mute all?

6 - In mute mode, could x and a pad be solo?

7 - Could you share a schematic of how people could mod this to get individual outputs for the analogue voices like on say the volca drum?

8 - Please can we choose what element is selected via midi cc to facilitate midi controlled rolls of the correct element?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :D
mickmelon

Postby FailedMuso » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:06 pm

After the release of the brilliant Anthology Libraries, how about some sample map sheets that show us which samples from which machines are in each drum pads slots. I've knocked something up as a template...

FailedMuso

Postby albertpauw » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:43 pm

FailedMuso wrote:After the release of the brilliant Anthology Libraries, how about some sample map sheets that show us which samples from which machines are in each drum pads slots. I've knocked something up as a template...

Yes,

that is a very good suggestion. So also from me, yes please!
albertpauw

Postby ThisisRends » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Such a sheet will be nice.

Now let‘s make it possible that whe can upload our own samples to the Uno Drum!
ThisisRends

Postby phonx » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:45 pm

I'm wondering what's taking IK so long to release a new firmware. I hope they haven't abandoned the concept of making this little machine even better. Panning is a must!
phonx

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:34 pm

FailedMuso wrote:After the release of the brilliant Anthology Libraries, how about some sample map sheets that show us which samples from which machines are in each drum pads slots. I've knocked something up as a template...

On the UNO Drum you have 5 sound options for each element. The drums are set in the order laid out in the release notes. These can be found in the UNO Drum Anthology download.

For example, if you install Library 2, then load the elements for sound 2, you be using the sound of a Hammond Auto-Vari 64,

The option for Sound 1 is always the “natural” sound of UNO Drum.
phonx wrote:I'm wondering what's taking IK so long to release a new firmware. I hope they haven't abandoned the concept of making this little machine even better. Panning is a must!

Please keep this thread on the topic of a wish list. The UNO Drum 1.0.2 firmware was just released with the UNO Drum Editor. This was released just in October. A new firmware update is not needed for these new sounds.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby FailedMuso » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:45 pm

It would be super useful to have sample names for each set and where they are positioned as not all samples correspond the generic pad names.
FailedMuso

Postby ThisisRends » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:57 pm

This could be like the Olympics.

Initial release: It won the bronze medal
With the Editor and sample pack: It won silver
If you could upload own samples: It will be the gold medal!

Once adding the feature to upload your own samples this litte drum machine could be a huge hit.
I know several people from different forums just waiting for this feature.

Keep on working!
ThisisRends

Next

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth