installing sound libraries for ST4 on PC [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

installing sound libraries for ST4 on PC [Resolved]

Postby walidjomaa » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:53 am

I am having a hard time uploading or installing the library of instruments to Sample tank 4 on a PC. I am new to this, just bought a midi and the program came with it also ST 3SE. I installed both Sample Tank 3SE and Sample tank 4.

First sample tank 3 screen is very small, 4 square inches, why? How can I make it larger.

Sample tank 4 is fine but I can’t find the instruments, when I try to install an instrument it is empty. To the left panel where it should list what is installed there is either a locked sign or a download arrow and keep sending me back to download stuff while I already downloaded it and installed it. Not sure where is the problem. So I can’t find the sample tank 3 instruments in sample tank 4.

So when I download sound libraries, it puts them in my downloads folder. Should I copy them to the C drive where my programs are? Should I put them in a special folder? I am able to unzip and then install but then they don’t appear in ST4. The screen on ST3SE is fairly small for me to see what is in it.

I did use the authorization program and entered all the serial numbers and it stated all was good.

Has been very frustrating to say the least.
I hope I made sense. Lol.. HELP…..
walidjomaa

Re: installing sound libraries for ST4 on PC.

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:26 am

Hello walidjomaa and welcome to the forum.

SampleTank 3 GUI has a fixed size (about 850 x 625 pixels here). On a high-resolution or small monitor it will therefore be small. But, the good news is that you will not need it. The ST3 sounds can be loaded into ST4.

From your post, it sounds like you have downloaded the ST4 sounds library files but have not yet installed them.

Create a destination folder for your sounds library, on a disk with enough space; something like:
D:/Libraries/IK Multimedia/Sample Tank 4

Then start the ST4 standalone program, and in its Preference Settings, select that folder as the Disk Path. Close ST4.

Now, for each of the sounds library download files, unzip it and run the installer. It should put its content into the folder you nominated. Reaper for each of the download files. Then do the same for the Sounds Update files (to be found in the "Download Resources" button for ST4 in your User Area).

Start ST4 and check that the instruments can be loaded and played from its virtual keyboard.

NB: Back-up all the Sound Content download files, so that you do not need to download them again in the future.

We'll tackle ST3 later, if needed,

These FAQs should help too
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1235
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=11&topic=miroslavphilharmonik2#st3
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby walidjomaa » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:50 am

Darkstar thanks you for replying:
I did what you said, and tried but no luck.
Based on what you told me and looking at the faq that you listed.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... nswer-1235

I was able to solve the problem.

The default folders for all the sound instruments and libraries are:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

First locate these folders in the C drive, because on mine it’s called public documents.
So after unzipping any sound library, the target install folder should be one of the above. Then in the Preference Settings ( the wheel to the right towards the bottom) in ST4: sound content: Sample tank sound content: (add the above folders where sound libraries were installed). When you close the Setting pop up menu, the instruments will be populated.
walidjomaa

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:11 pm

Glad to hear it. Is ST4 now completely working OK?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby walidjomaa » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:22 pm

seems to be, not sure what all ok is.. lol, i mainly want it to create some sounds and use irig keys when travelling. I need to really start watching some youtube videos to learn the features. thanks again. Do pass how i was able to get it to work to others as an option in case it helps them.
walidjomaa

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Good oh :)

If you can load and play both the ST4 and St3 instruments then you should be OK.

Just one thing, for other readers:
As you said the default folders (in Windows) are:
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
Many users prefer to keep their sounds libraries (not just those from IK Multimedia), hence my suggestion of, for example:
    D:\Sounds Libraries\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
    D:\Sounds Libraries\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
The big advantage is that when you make a disk image back-up of the C:/ drive you do not back-up loads of GBs of mainly unchanged files.

--------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More