Old ST3/2 Multis in ST4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Old ST3/2 Multis in ST4

Postby smallpotatos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:13 am

Any way to bulk convert the old ST3/2 multis into ST4 format? I've looked through the manual and done a couple searches of the forums. TIA
smallpotatos

Re: Old ST3/2 Multis in ST4

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:36 am

I would have thought that ST3 Multis could be loaded into ST4. Do they not show up in the ST4 Browser?

As for the ST2 Combis, you'll need to Import them into ST3, converting them to ST3 Multis. If needed, you can use "ST3 Custom Shop" to get a copy of ST3 to use for that. But, as far as I can recall, they may not sound the same, depending on the built-in FX that have been used.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby smallpotatos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:03 pm

Yeah, they show up. I'm thinking of future versions of ST. Will they support the older ST3 multis as well? If not, I want to be ready with the conversions instead of having to go through the tedium of re-saving/exporting each one at the last minute.

A batch convert function would be preferable. I've got a lot more multis than I did ST 2.5 effect chains way back when I had to re-save each one when ST3 was released.
smallpotatos

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:09 pm

We don't have any information on SampleTank 5 yet. SampleTank 4 will be here for a while.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More