iRig Keys I/O 25 - not working on iPad Pro 9.7 but on iPhone

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O 25 - not working on iPad Pro 9.7 but on iPhone

Postby Totosolo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:16 am

Hey fellow musicians,

I just discovered the incredible iRig Keys I/O 25. The integrated audio interface got me sold as I was looking for a small an convenient solution to get homerecordings done via GarageBand on my iPad Pro 9.7. I opted for a used one which just arrived yesterday.

Long story short: The used iRig Keys works like a charm on my 2009 iMac (running OS X 10.13). It is also working fine on my iPhone 6S (iOS 13.1.2), which is a nice gag at least... :-) But here comes trouble: I can´t get it to work with my iPad (iPadOS 13.2).

I don´t need to use all the additional software it originally comes with. I just need to get the Keyboard to work with my GarageBand-Apps. On my iPhone: I can play for hours with no issue. On my iPad Pro: I start playing but after a short while (~ 2-3 minutes) it stops working, the connection is simply quit, although all LEDs stay on. I just can get it to work again by deconnecting and reconnecting.

Is this a known issue??? I guess the reason might be somehting to do with iPadOS since the iRig itself is working fine with the other devices I mentioned. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Totosolo

Re: iRig Keys I/O 25 - not working on iPad Pro 9.7 but on iP

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:00 pm

I haven't seen this as a known issue, so I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can troubleshoot directly with you and resolve your issue. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Totosolo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Thank you.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I get being an issue with iPadOS. I just checked out another interface from Korg. In some reviews there were also some guys, saying that since iPadOS the device doesn´t work with the iPad but still does fine under iOS.

Anyway I opened a ticket and will wait for the answer from the IK staff.

Best greetings!
Totosolo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Thanks for opening the ticket, I believe our apps were all supposed to be OK with iPadOS and I can't recall specifically about interfaces and controllers 100% so they can verify.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby VMGkeys » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:40 pm

My problem is very similar to yours, macOS High Sierra and I tried El Capitan.
Right after turning on irig keys it works fine, but after 30-60 seconds it starts to distort the sound and in a minute the distortions will become very strong.
This can be fixed by turning it off and on, or in the settings you can change the sampling frequency, for example, 96 to 48, or 48 to 96). but after a minute it repeats again.
Tomorrow I will try to connect to the Windows platform
VMGkeys

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:10 am

VMGkeys wrote:My problem is very similar to yours, macOS High Sierra and I tried El Capitan.
Right after turning on irig keys it works fine, but after 30-60 seconds it starts to distort the sound and in a minute the distortions will become very strong.
This can be fixed by turning it off and on, or in the settings you can change the sampling frequency, for example, 96 to 48, or 48 to 96). but after a minute it repeats again.
Tomorrow I will try to connect to the Windows platform

Please also contact IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct and official support if you have not already as they will likely be able to get your problem resolved expediently.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers