T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Postby BUSTERONE » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 am

I'm having trouble with my t-racks 5 Max crashing,it works fine in studio 4 ,but crash ever time I try to load up the standalone on my mac.
BUSTERONE

Re: T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Postby garfy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:27 am

Hi BUSTERONE and welcome to the forums.

Without a little more detail (machine specs, OS etc) we would be guessing a bit on this one. Either way, if it works as standalone but not in a DAW I would suspect something specific to your system and so opening a ticket with Official IK Support for some one-to-one help would probably be best. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby BUSTERONE » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Thanks, I will get in touch with multimedia , I am running Capitan 10.11 and standalone crashes ever time I try it. But works good in studio 4.
BUSTERONE

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:34 pm

I put this into its own thread, as the cause is unlikely to be the same as in the old (now locked) thread.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby zyzygis » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:25 am

Same problem here. Crashing when trying to export audio. The crash report says something about trying to connect with the internet. Is TRacks calling home?
Anyway it happens consistently. Same system as Bustertone. Mac !0.11.6
zyzygis

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:04 am

Only Custom Shop (the actual Custom Shop application) will connect to the internet. Please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will figure out what is happening in your particular situation.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Spelolle » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello!
I have had, the same problem, Tracks-5 crashes. I found two things, and after that, it hasn't happened.
In my langiuage we have characters above ASCII 127, suck as å,ä,ö. The same letters can be found in many other languages .
Naming the songs with these character, and importing them to Tracks works, BUT, the imported files are not exported to the directory of the project in the Audio directory, only files without these characters will be present. Also, if you export a file with odd characters, it crashes.
If a file with the same name is present in the directory, instead of a question to over write, it crashes.
After I changed the file names without characters above ASCII 127, and deleted the old files in the directory before exporting, it works pretty well and no crashes, at all.
Hope this will help. :D
Spelolle

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 pm

Good tip. Thank you.

It would be worth reporting that to Technical Support so that they can raise the issue of language support with the developers.

Please raise a Support Ticket, here.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby paulhaul » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:02 pm

Pff, I have the same here. When I am mastering with more than 3 plugins, it becomes unstable. I am saving my work over 30 sec. Why is it so unstable?
paulhaul

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:21 pm

paulhaul wrote:Pff, I have the same here. When I am mastering with more than 3 plugins, it becomes unstable. I am saving my work over 30 sec. Why is it so unstable?

That is not the normal behavior, I've used T-RackS for years with many other programs running without issue, I'm sure IK Support can help you get similar stable results. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as DarkStar mentions above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox