Modo Bass vibrato amount?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Bass vibrato amount?

Postby cdillnerhagen » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi,

I can't find the settings to control the amount of the vibrato in the Modo Bass plugin.
The vibrato is assigned to the mod wheel on my keyboard but even at max the vibrato is barely hearable. I can set the vibrato speed but can find where I set the amount??
cdillnerhagen

Re: Modo Bass vibrato amount?

Postby cdillnerhagen » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:22 am

Anybody?
cdillnerhagen

Postby cdillnerhagen » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 pm

It would be great to hear from IK about this.
cdillnerhagen

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:16 pm

Vibrato Rate is adjusted in the Control page. The amount is controlled by the MIDI CC or Aftertouch messages. By default, the vibrato is controlled by the mod wheel, MIDI CC #1. This can be altered in the Control page. This is set to be a realistic control, on a bass guitar you will only be able to go so far with a vibrato.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby cdillnerhagen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:13 am

So does this mean its not possible to control the amount/velocity of the vibrato?
cdillnerhagen

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:44 pm

cdillnerhagen wrote:So does this mean its not possible to control the amount/velocity of the vibrato?
No, that is not what I meant. Sorry for any confusion. Both rate and depth can be controlled. Depth will be via MIDI CC or Aftertouch, this is assigned in the Control Page, the rate with the direct control in the Control page.
Ryan_IK wrote:Vibrato Rate is adjusted in the Control page. The amount is controlled by the MIDI CC or Aftertouch messages. By default, the vibrato is controlled by the mod wheel, MIDI CC #1. This can be altered in the Control page. This is set to be a realistic control, on a bass guitar you will only be able to go so far with a vibrato.

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby cdillnerhagen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:54 pm

Ok. So how do i set the amount of vibrato?
cdillnerhagen

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 pm

cdillnerhagen wrote:Ok. So how do i set the amount of vibrato?

By the set control in the Control page. This can be a MIDI CC or Aftertouch. In my image there is the default setting of MIDI CC 1 selected where you see squared off in red. MIDI CC 1 in this example controls the amount.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby cdillnerhagen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:09 am

This is already set in my control panel but still the amount of vibrato is almost not noticable to my ears. Im looking for a more radical amount of vibrato.
cdillnerhagen

Postby soundog » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:38 am

+1.

I'm not able to get the vibrato depth to the level I need (and can get on a real bass) using either CC or Aftertouch and even at 127 level.

Please, sir, can we have some more?
soundog

Postby cdillnerhagen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:15 am

soundog wrote:+1.

I'm not able to get the vibrato depth to the level I need (and can get on a real bass) using either CC or Aftertouch and even at 127 level.

Please, sir, can we have some more?

Agree. It would really help to make this plugin sound more realisic.
cdillnerhagen

Postby soundog » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:39 pm

More vibrato depth would be great, and it would be nice to also have Keyswitch as a choice for the controller. (If my memory serves me well its only offered in CC or Aftertouch currently).

And I'd also like to mention that the controller capabilities is one of the features that really makes this plug-in better than the usual sampled-bass instruments. Its really quite phenomenal. Improving and evolving the controller capabilities is just as valuable to me as adding new basses.
soundog

Postby clueblast » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:16 am

+1 !!!

i found this thread because i have the same issue. in a funky environment i need deeper vibrato. bootsy is calling...
clueblast

Postby DogSoup » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:06 am

Come on IK! Your peeps are calling out We need deeper vibrato!
DogSoup

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS