Irig keys 2

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig keys 2

Postby Elvistherodent » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Hello everybody,

A few questions regarding this new product.

- Can i use the headphone out with the aux input of my bluetooth speaker?

-The knobs, can i assign these in other synth apps like zeeon/troublemaker etc. to the lfo cutoff etc?

-Just for composing and playing simple riffs, would you recommend the mini keys or the full size. I can't play keyboard for the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Elvistherodent

Re: Irig keys 2

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi,

Yes you can send the headphone output to a powered speaker using a typical AUX cable.

The knobs are indeed assignable.

The size of keys is personal preference. For me, if you have the room I think you should go for full-sized keys. Easier for composition and/or less skilled fingers :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Elvistherodent » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:20 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

That all sounds wonderfull, fullsize keys it will be for my "less skilled fingers" :lol: .

Thanks!
Elvistherodent

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:19 pm

Of course there was no slight meant there. I am, at best, a mediocre keyboard player. I've got a few licks that can impress, I suppose, but overall I'm lacking the total package of keyboard skills myself :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Elvistherodent » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:03 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcqdyvq5e13x3pv/IMG_20191028_192135.jpg?dl=0

Is it normal that the keys don't line up?

I can't get sound without headphones or speakers. Is there a way to run the sound through te ipad speakers?
Elvistherodent

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:28 pm

I would recommend reporting each of those issues you're having with IK Support who can assist you directly and get you all set via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Elvistherodent » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks for the advice, i contacted support. Will post again once i know if a headphone or powered speaker is necesaary. Wouldn't make sense to me, especially for the smaller model.
Elvistherodent

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Sorry, I misunderstood the one part. You would need headphones or a speaker as any iOS device that has an audio interface plugged in (not just IK's interfaces) like the one in iRig Keys I/O) will not route audio through the speakers. You would need to use the audio interface's outputs. This is the way iOS is designed, unfortunately.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Elvistherodent » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Thanks for the reply, English is not my first language so it's not always simple to express what i mean. My apologies. If ios is designed that way then there is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. Thanks anyway.
Elvistherodent

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:09 pm

Elvistherodent wrote:Thanks for the reply, English is not my first language so it's not always simple to express what i mean. My apologies. If ios is designed that way then there is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

There may be hope in the future versions of IOS though, but we of course cannot count those chickens before they hatch unfortunately!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halfcack » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:40 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sorry, I misunderstood the one part. You would need headphones or a speaker as any iOS device that has an audio interface plugged in (not just IK's interfaces) like the one in iRig Keys I/O) will not route audio through the speakers. You would need to use the audio interface's outputs. This is the way iOS is designed, unfortunately.
I believe there has been a huge jump in the way newer keyboards connect to iOS 13.3.

It looks as if two of mine have integrated themselves into iOS 13 and I hate to say this aloud but have taken over the functions we have been wishing for.

I don’t understand how it works so it would be useless to try and explain. [mod redacted: rules]

They take over my iPad 11 pro, provide me with speaker out, no headphones, for tracking. [mod redacted: rules]. Others things people with computers take for granted but are now available.

They interface with GB and Cubasis 2.

I have an irig keys 2 pro on order which still hasn’t arrived but hoping it will
have the same interconnection. It was a surprise to me. Everyone probably knows. I believe the next iPads are going to be even better. More expensive for sure.
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 pm

I received my iRig Keys 2 Pro early this afternoon.

I ordered it on the 11th. I received it quickly on the 14th, in perfect outward condition.

The packing was factory and sealed. It took a full ten minutes to extract it from the triple box configuration.

The inner box was so tight in it’s outer box, it took a while to extricate it.

All seals were intact. Physically, the iRig Keys 2 Pro was perfect. Rubber pads on the bottom new. I am picky. No physical flaws at all.

I used a cord I had to plug it in to an iPad 11 Pro directly with a from a micro usb to usb type C connector. I was able to get sound out of a speaker from the iRig with a regular audio cord. No latency. I start to hear it at 5 ms.

Tight key bed assembly. Keys were great to perfect alignment. I opened IK3 and it played
immediately.

All controls and buttons were excellent, tight, all lined up. The knobs were high end as were the buttons.

I have five midi boards, four inexpensive, one is a 49 key-keyboard with samples, mid level. All have different action. The action of the iRig key bed was in between them all. Consider personal preference, yours may be different.

The true surprise was bending a note. I’ve had all types through the years. My tastes were again “perfectly” fulfilled in the pitch wheel category. The mod wheel can’t be explained, it was really thought out, different, loved it.

What a pleasure. Pitch bend has a slightly short throw, Incrementally perfect. I loved it immediately.

The pitch was as incrementally accurate as any high end product you can compare it to.

One fact I did find to be true. Order from the IK on-line store. I have ordered retail and been disappointed before.

Happy to be able to write a perfect review. Players, your results and tastes may differ.

Thank you IK, great job in every respect on this product.
halfcack

Return to Interfaces & Controllers