EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group Buy

Get the best deal on IK products here! We'll post our current special offers here for you. Check back often!

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby The_Rocker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:16 pm

ceejatec wrote:Unfortunately your theory doesn't work, because I have a Transfer button available for my Qualifying Purchases from this most recent Group Buy such as T-RackS 5. If I Transferred that I'd definitely lose a bunch of other products.


Well true,, if you bought T-Racks5, it will be transferable. It qualified the sale, but we should be free to sell it. But, your free selections would still be yours, locked in our Users Area permanently for eternity, beyond our lifetime lol. Those do not go with the purchased qualifier.
I hope I understood that correctly. lol... My batting ave. sux lol...

(maybe that's why I didn't like baseball lol)
User avatar
The_Rocker
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby ceejatec » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:06 am

No, you misunderstood the rules on this promo (they were very confusingly written, but it was clarified earlier in this thread). If you transfer a qualifying purchase from this Group Buy, you'll lose your freebies and the person who you transfer to won't get them either.
ceejatec
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 am

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby vemmer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:21 am

The_Rocker wrote:
vemmer wrote:
And by the way, there are no more qualifying products left anymore, that I do not own.


AH that pretty much explains it.

Check your Users area for Licenses that Show a red Transfer Button. Those should match your Promo available selections. Mine do.


No, they don't match in my case! They should, but they don't. Please read my previous posts. And still no answer from the Support, after more than 2 weeks...
User avatar
vemmer
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Braunschweig, Germany

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby The_Rocker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 am

ceejatec wrote:No, you misunderstood the rules on this promo (they were very confusingly written, but it was clarified earlier in this thread). If you transfer a qualifying purchase from this Group Buy, you'll lose your freebies and the person who you transfer to won't get them either.


I copied the below from the bottom of the Promo page:

Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if original qualifying item is sold.

The free selections are separate from the qualifier, and are not transferred if the qualifier is sold.


Note that qualifying product must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility.

The qualifier has to be in our account to choose the free selections. Don't transfer it before we choose them. The Promo page is dynamic and requires the data from the Users area. No qualifier, no Promo selection, just claims.
That was my reasoning so I didn't question lol...

You interpret as retain eligibility as, retain registration, I believe. We can fall back on "would not be transferred if sold".
User avatar
The_Rocker
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby The_Rocker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:25 am

vemmer wrote:
The_Rocker wrote:
vemmer wrote:
And by the way, there are no more qualifying products left anymore, that I do not own.


AH that pretty much explains it.

Check your Users area for Licenses that Show a red Transfer Button. Those should match your Promo available selections. Mine do.


No, they don't match in my case! They should, but they don't. Please read my previous posts. And still no answer from the Support, after more than 2 weeks...


Well ours is each a unique situation at times.
Yours seems as though Amp 4 was used as a discount for something like syntronic or sampletank for example.
Support will definitely know. Odd you seem to be having an issue with response. They've always returned response in a day or two, usually quicker.

I would contact PM Peter_IK for assistance directly. He can help with communication to Support with you.
User avatar
The_Rocker
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby ceejatec » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:38 am

@Rocker: Look back at page 4 of this thread. I quoted exactly the same two lines from the rules that you did, and asked:
These two bullets in the promotion rules seem to contradict each other, if I'm not mistaken?

If I buy (say) T-RackS 5, choose 6/7 free things, and later buy a license transfer and sell T-RackS 5, do the freebies stay in my account?

And Ryan_IK replied:
No, once the original item which qualified you for the bonus items is transferred, the other gear will be lost with it.

Like I said, the rules of the promotion were written confusingly, which is why I asked for clarification.

tl;dr: Don't transfer your qualifying purchases, or you'll lose your freebies.
ceejatec
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 am

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby The_Rocker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:05 pm

ceejatec wrote:@Rocker: Look back at page 4 of this thread. I quoted exactly the same two lines from the rules that you did, and asked:
These two bullets in the promotion rules seem to contradict each other, if I'm not mistaken?

If I buy (say) T-RackS 5, choose 6/7 free things, and later buy a license transfer and sell T-RackS 5, do the freebies stay in my account?

And Ryan_IK replied:
No, once the original item which qualified you for the bonus items is transferred, the other gear will be lost with it.

Like I said, the rules of the promotion were written confusingly, which is why I asked for clarification.

tl;dr: Don't transfer your qualifying purchases, or you'll lose your freebies.


I don't know why Ryan_IK would say that. It doesn't make sense at all. Not for IKM or the Purchaser. That would be an interpretation of words, rather than words. Taking the words literally, doesn't say lost, lose, or forfeit. TO me it's not confusing in the least.

IF they meant the Free choices are locked with the Qualifier, but they are Non-transferable, Not-for-resale, and will be revoked or forfeited and will show inactive in your account, or removed. they would have written that instead lol...

They would not write: ("Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if original qualifying item is sold.") if they meant you can't keep the Free selections.
That is not confusing. Means you can't sell the qualifier along with 10 freebies. That would undercut IKM sales is all, lol. And that's why they write "separate" from qualfier.

The reason they wrote: ("Note that qualifying product must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility.") is because if one sells it before claiming, the Promo Page in our account and Claim the process will break. Eligibility is the basis for Claim. Once Claimed, an Eligibility is fulfilled by that Claim.
The programming process with their Database creates a permanent and accurate exchange record. This NOTE protects them and avoids hours of correction liability. One correction here or there, IKM might actually take the time, but are not be obligated.

I do not think Marketing would fail planning this promo, or plan such a weak scheme...
I do think Ryan_IK is confused most likely, and incorrect.

I will follow this,,,
User avatar
The_Rocker
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby sahlender » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi Peter,
I´ve took part at the Pick & Mix Group buy running until Sep 30th, 2019.
I´ve purchased the boxed version of ARC 2.5 via crossgrade, which I´ve just just received afew days ago.
After registering I´ve went to my account just to find no list of free products coming with my Group Buy purchase.
What is happening here?

Thak you for your help.
Bernd
sahlender
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:29 am

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby The_Rocker » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:48 am

Hi,,, we need to contact Support, let them know it's registered, and purchased through the Group Buy. Once they verify it to your account, you'll see them in the Promotions area in the User Account.
User avatar
The_Rocker
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:26 pm

sahlender wrote:Hi Peter,
I´ve took part at the Pick & Mix Group buy running until Sep 30th, 2019.
I´ve purchased the boxed version of ARC 2.5 via crossgrade, which I´ve just just received afew days ago.
After registering I´ve went to my account just to find no list of free products coming with my Group Buy purchase.
What is happening here?

Thak you for your help.
Bernd

Make sure you got to your User Area -> Promotions section to see your Group Buy options.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/promotions/

I had the team double check and everything looks okay for your account.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:20 pm

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby sahlender » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Make sure you got to your User Area -> Promotions section to see your Group Buy options.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/promotions/

I had the team double check and everything looks okay for your account.


Hi Ryan,

checked my user area already - no group buy bonus content anywhere near my account.
Asked IK-support for help.
And got by far the quickest reaction ever from all the plugin developer supports out there from Sebastian from IK´s technical support. He altered my registration date and everything was solved.
It was really astonishing. I´m still shaking :D
This made my day and the next two ...
Thaks again to Sebastian for staying up late.

Bernd
sahlender
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:29 am

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby sahlender » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:58 pm

The_Rocker wrote:Hi,,, we need to contact Support, let them know it's registered, and purchased through the Group Buy. Once they verify it to your account, you'll see them in the Promotions area in the User Account.


Thanks Rocker,

exactly so!

Thanks
sahlender
sahlender
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:29 am

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby ceejatec » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:02 am

FYI @The_Rocker and others, I've been in communication with IK Support. It took almost a week of back-and-forth, but they have verified for sure that transferring any of your qualifying purchases from this Group Buy will result in losing the freebies associated with that purchase.

It does seem like this might be a new-ish rule. I had initially asked them to give me a complete list of which products I would lose if I were to transfer any of my transferable purchases, and other than the three from this Group Buy, they said that none of them would result in any losses. However, the most recent freebie I had prior to this Group Buy was initially registered in I believe 2012.
ceejatec
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 am

Previous

Return to Special Offers