Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Postby StevenMikel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:14 am

A G&L L2000 Bass
More/specific pickup models like,Seymour Duncan Quarter pound,EMG,Aguilar etc...
StevenMikel

Postby robroff » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:51 pm

I have two requests after having demoed it. These would make me buy it for sure:
1) Let us chose the pitch bend range. I don't understand limiting this to +/-1. It's physically modeled so a bigger bend would sound good and could give a fretless type sound for model. I'd like to use modo bass with my linnstrument where I can bend to precise notes.
2) And of course mpe support for independent expression per note. But please mind to preserve the legato notes for hammer-ons/offs. This could either be a case where each note is a separate channel but mono legato is still forced under a specified interval (usually 2 or three semi-tones). Channel per string could be another option but could cause issues with some hosts so I'd recommend that being an option (as opposed to simply rotating channels per note).
robroff

Postby cdillnerhagen » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:40 am

wish for longer sounding palm muted notes and a way to set amount of vibrato.
cdillnerhagen

Postby bassoprofundus » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Another vote for a fretless and an acoustic bass model.

And definitely direct automation access to parameters from a DAW, in addition to the MIDI controls that are currently provided. Every other VST I own gives me direct access to many if not all of its parameters in both Logic and Reason.

Otherwise, this is an excellent sounding and performing modelled instrument!
Last edited by bassoprofundus on Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bassoprofundus

Postby robroff » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:16 pm

Yeah it's really too bad that no parameters are exposed for automation. People have made NKS presets for modo, but there are no controls because nothing from modo is available. That's weird and not good. The main parameters should be visible in the host.
robroff

Postby bassoprofundus » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:48 pm

robroff wrote:Yeah it's really too bad that no parameters are exposed for automation. People have made NKS presets for modo, but there are no controls because nothing from modo is available. That's weird and not good. The main parameters should be visible in the host.

I have a workaround in Reason, using a MIDI loopback and an EMI (External MIDI Instrument). This makes it possible to automate a controller dial, or to apply things like LFOs to the MIDI controlled parameters of MODO. But it's only a workaround, and as always, is limited to the parameters that MODO's Control panel offers.
bassoprofundus

Postby bassoprofundus » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:35 pm

Also, a collection of MIDI files made by someone who really knows bass idioms would be fantastic. I would definitely buy in to that.
bassoprofundus

Postby StevenMikel » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 am

arrand wrote:String per midi channel
Hammer on fret noise control
Legato event keyswitch - overlapping note triggers keyswitch, could be restricted to string per midi channel mode to allow chords
Sound FX - string scrapes, pickup clap

+1
StevenMikel

Postby OmniaAequalis » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:09 pm

A vintage upright is what I miss most.
OmniaAequalis

Postby arrand » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Preserve Pickup configuration when switching models - currently it's a bit random particularly when switching between single and dual pickup models.
Save Guitar configuration (electronics, body type, strings) separately from amp/fx.
Save Amp/fx separately (see above).
Save control options separately.
Also, I think i've already mentioned this somewhere, there's a bug on the electronics page for the MM model - the volume controls don't work - the volume is constant to 0.1 then it goes off.
arrand

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:12 am

arrand wrote:Also, I think i've already mentioned this somewhere, there's a bug on the electronics page for the MM model - the volume controls don't work - the volume is constant to 0.1 then it goes off.

This is something that would need to be directly reported to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and not a feature request.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

More Outputs

Postby alsim » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:30 pm

In addition to the current stereo/mono out that blends the amp and the DI:

Stereo/mono out from the amp

Stereo/mono out from the DI

Isn't it common practice to handle those two separately in recording studios?

Would also be nice to choose if the DI output is pre or post pedalboard.
alsim

More Automation

Postby alsim » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:41 pm

I use MODO Bass in a DAW, not live.

So I'm playing it using software not hardware.

I much prefer using automation over controllers.
alsim

Amp Micing

Postby alsim » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:54 pm

Would be good to have some micing options for the amps.
alsim

Re: Amp Micing

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:13 pm

alsim wrote:Would be good to have some micing options for the amps.

This will be seen by the product manager/devs but note that for more flexibility it is recommended you use AmpliTube separately as it has this feature and to add everything from it (including very resource-intensive mic options) would make MODO BASS less usable for its main "talent" - physically-modeled electric bass.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS