Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE issue in ST4 [RESOLVED]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE issue in ST4 [RESOLVED]

Postby vaibanez » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Hi

Sorry if this is long winded but I'm new to all this.

I just got sampletank 4 max a couple of days ago, downloaded and installed everything, and the install seemed to go ok.
Everything was playing fine until I tried some of the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE samples.
When trying to play any of the Orchestra Performances I'm gettin the following error:

Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'M:/SampleTank 3 Sounds/Samples/51 Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE/Miroslav Philharmonik 1/Elements/Dyn Perf Elements/Orchestra Performance 1.pak'.

This also happens when trying to load any of the choirs (also saying a .pak file is missing).

I've trawled through all the folders and found 9 Orchestra Performance files and 25 choir files but they're all .st3i files, no .pak files to be found. In fact, there are no .pak files at all in the nested Miroslav Philharmonik 1 folder that's in the Miroslav Philharmonik folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
vaibanez

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE issue in ST4

Postby Promidi » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 am

Head over to your Sampletank Settings (cog, lower right of Sampletank GUI) and look in the Sound contents tab. Have you included "M:/SampleTank 3 Sounds" as one of the Sampletank Sound Content locations?
Promidi

Postby vaibanez » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:10 am

Hi Promidi

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked in the sounds contents tab and that's showing M:/SampleTank 3 Sounds and
M:/SampleTank 4 Sounds.

I've also tried accessing these samples by opening Miroslav outside of ST4 and that's not finding them either.

Bit stumped. May try a reinstall.
vaibanez

Postby Promidi » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:23 am

I have Sampletank 4 (not max) and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (not CE). On my system I have the MP2 and ST4 content in separate locations as well.

I have the ST4 content as the first listed location and the MP2 as the second.

I am assuming you have performed a "Rescan Instruments" to see if that resolves the issue

If your reinstall does not solve the issue then you might want to log a support ticket.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
Promidi

Postby vaibanez » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi Promidi

I just managed to get it sorted

The .pak files it needed were in the MP2CE_Part_2 zip file but for some reason these were not being unzipped when I ran it. I just manually dragged them out of the zip file and put them in the ST3 sounds folder and now it's working.

Now I just need to sort out why Miroslav 2 is saying Orchestral Percussion is not authorised while it is coming up ok in ST.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Eddie.
vaibanez

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Looking at the Orchestral Percussion web page:
Orchestral Percussion takes traditional percussion instruments to a whole new level of realism, playability and audio quality. Users of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and SampleTank 3 will get the ...

Maybe it is not an expansion for MP2 CE?

For the definitive answer or a way to proceed, please raise a Support Ticket,
here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby vaibanez » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi Darkstar

That could be it.

Anyway, I've just bought the full MP2, couldn't resist it at the current promo price.

Thanks.

Eddie.
vaibanez

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Well, that could be one way of solving the problem.
;)

[Oops, I was mistaken.]
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby vaibanez » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Installed the full MP2 and it's still showing Orchestral Percussion as unauthorised.

Weird, as I can use it in ST4. The problem is I got it with ST4 max and there was no seperate serial number to authorise it with.

I'll get onto support.
vaibanez

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:29 pm

vaibanez wrote:Installed the full MP2 and it's still showing Orchestral Percussion as unauthorised.

Weird, as I can use it in ST4. The problem is I got it with ST4 max and there was no seperate serial number to authorise it with.

I'll get onto support.

Shoot me a PM with your Ticket Number once opened and I'll make sure to flag your case.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby vaibanez » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks Ryan.

PM sent.
vaibanez

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Information for future users: SampleTank 4 MAX will not include the individual serials for libraries like Orchestral Percussion to be used outside of SampleTank 4 in programs like Miroslav Philharmonik 2. All sounds included with SampleTank 4 MAX or older versions of SampleTank can be loaded in the SampleTank 4 program included with the SampleTank 4 MAX bundle.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More