iRig Stomp i/o - Low headphone volume

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp i/o - Low headphone volume

Postby ElectricRay » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:09 pm

just bought the irig stomp i/o - mainly to use in studio for swells and so on. The headphone amp seems very weedy, to the point where it is not really usable for monitoring while recording. My Scarlett 2i4 has far more guts to it. Am I being thick? Is there some switch I can flick?

Also latency seems considerably worse than thru the Scarlett. I have been trying to use them together (iRig for input, Scarlett for output, since it has better headphone volume) but that seems to really tax the CPU and exacerbates latency.

Does this sound right?
ElectricRay

Re: iRig Stomp i/o - Low headphone volume

Postby terapico » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 am

I agree with you.
terapico

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Neither the output nor the latency should be normal experiences. Please report your issues to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can troubleshoot directly with you and assist you with these issues. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby richardsun » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:49 am

I have a new iRig Stomp I/O and I’m using it with an iPad Pro and passive guitars and basses. The output through the headphone jack of the iRig Stomp I/O is so weak that it is not usable.

For the bass the problem is so severe that I wondered if there was something wrong with my instruments or headphones. The problem is less severe when playing the guitar. But when I instead monitor through the headphone jack of my iPad I get full bodied sound on all instruments. This is what I would expect through the headphone jack of the iRig Stomp I/O.

I'm using the same audio-techinca headphones on the iPad and the iRig Stomp I/O (the headphones have a 1/4" adapter).

I posted this issue in a tech support ticket, but after more than a week I have not received a response.
richardsun

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Please PM your ticket number so someone can look into it.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby danjer » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:43 am

Did either of you get this resolved? I’m experiencing the same problem.
danjer

Postby richardsun » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:42 pm

danjer wrote:Did either of you get this resolved? I’m experiencing the same problem.

A tech support advisor suggested turning the Volume knob on the Stomp I/O to the max position. That seems to have resolved the issue.
richardsun

Postby danjer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:11 pm

richardsun wrote:
danjer wrote:Did either of you get this resolved? I’m experiencing the same problem.

A tech support advisor suggested turning the Volume knob on the Stomp I/O to the max position. That seems to have resolved the issue.

Ok, yes, I’ve done that. At full volume it’s just loud enough to play in quiet conditions. The problem is trying to monitor while any other instrument is in the room. If this is its normal level I suppose I’ll just use a monitor output through a mixer. Just wasn’t sure if the low volume was a defect.
danjer

Postby richardsun » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:32 pm

danjer wrote:Just wasn’t sure if the low volume was a defect.

I'm not sure if it is a defect either, and that's my open question to the tech support team.
richardsun

Postby jason.martin.nl » Fri May 03, 2019 3:34 pm

I too am having the same issue. I have an apogee duet that I can get more than enough volume through headphones but at full volume on the Stomp I/O is just barely loud enough. Is there any firmware updates available for the Stomp I/O?
jason.martin.nl

Postby zNiik » Wed May 08, 2019 6:26 pm

Having the same issue the weird is when I'm pressing the controller of the headphone it gets the usual sound I'm expecting but the moment I release. It will again get a low sound even the volume knob from the stomp is max
zNiik

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 08, 2019 7:44 pm

***Important***

Anyone in this thread who is having any issues with their iRig Stomp I/O must contact support!

Our team should have no troubles diagnosing your issues and resolving your unusual behavior in no time. As Peter mentions above this forum is for user to user discussion. The fastest way to getting back to making music is through our support team!

Please use the contact link here.

The iRig Stomp I/O should have no issues with low level output. As this can be from a wide range of factors, we again, strongly advise any users with issues to contact support.

Thanks in advance to everyone who has already reached out. For anyone who has yet to reach out, create a ticket and PM me your ticket number.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby sebastian.carvajal.r » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:33 am

Same problem here, headphone output IS very low, not usable at al.
sebastian.carvajal.r

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:37 pm

sebastian.carvajal.r wrote:Same problem here, headphone output IS very low, not usable at al.

Check with support as mentioned above. They are the best place to have your issue looked into and resolved in a timely manner. Feel free to PM me your Ticket # once opened.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ale Cartin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:03 am

Guys did you manage to solve this problem? I sent and email to support team but haven’t received any answer yet...
Ale Cartin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers