MTM Calibration

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

MTM Calibration

Postby vactor » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:22 am

recently got these, in stock form with the desk eq they already sound pretty good.

they are on my work desk, about 9 inches from rear wall, 3 feet and 6 feet from side walls, 40 inches apart (computer monitor in between them and a computer with a pretty quiet fan behind the computer screen) and 46 inches from me. relatively un-damped room, carpet on floor, rear wall is an open door about 15 feet away. when i attempt calibration, the left speaker (3 feet from sidewall) will not calibrate with the mic at my listening spot.

the right one (6 feet from side wall) has failed to calibrate altogether in over 100 actual calibration attempts. i have used both mics. the left monitor has calibrated with the mic at about 36 inches and pointed directly at the tweeter and the right monitor has calibrated once with the mic about 20 inches from the tweeter pointed directly at the tweeter (versus pointed at the space mid distance between the monitors straight ahead). during the calibration, there is audible buzzing / chuffing port noise coming from the ports. they make the 4 calibration tones, light flashes blue between 4-8 times and then blinks red.

any ideas as to how to get them to calibrate?
vactor

Re: MTM Calibration

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. This is something that IK Support would need to diagnose directly with you. Please open a ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so and they will get to the bottom of the issue and get you up and running. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vactor » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 am

thanks. i eneded up sending the request through the sales contact drop down since they are not in the other menus (android / ios, computer accessories or software)
vactor

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:53 pm

vactor wrote:thanks. i eneded up sending the request through the sales contact drop down since they are not in the other menus (android / ios, computer accessories or software)

iLoud MTM are on the product dropdown lists. For both Mobile Products and Computer Products, and have been there since release. But your request will still get through.

iLoud MTM have on-board calibration but you should not be looking for software, they are hardware.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers