Impossible to launch Authorization manager

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Impossible to launch Authorization manager

Postby simeur » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Hello

I have installed the Catalina update from Apple for my Mac. Then it's became impossible to launch Authorization manager. It don't work with this version of MacOS... then Amplitube don't work too.

Is anybody can help me?

Thank you
J-Luc

PS : sorry for my poor English, I'm just French :roll:
simeur

Re: Impossible to launch Authorization manager

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Hello simeur and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about the problem you have run into.

Catalina (it's still a beta version, isn't it?) does not support 32-bit programs or plug-ins.

The Custom Shop and Authorization Manager are 32-bit programs so they will not run.

Please see https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=8464

Several other developers have issued similar warnings.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:00 pm

@DS - Catalina is now public.

@simeur - did you do a Time Machine backup or a clone before you updated the OS? If so I would suggest rolling back to your previous OS while IKM work on fixes/patches.

If you can roll back, I would then suggest that you then run this handy little app https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/index.html which will scan your system and tell you all of the apps that will not run on Catalina. You can then decide whether you use them often enough to warrant paying for any upgrades, if you need to.

And, as Darkstar says, there are quite a few music software and hardware developers that have warned users not to upgrade to Catalina yet, so if you want to continue making music I would stick with your old OS for the time being.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby simeur » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your answers.

I passed 2 days to download Catalina... so, I'll install amplitube on my Windows PC and wait new version of the Authorization manager.

Nota : my iRig HD 2 work well on Garageband and my Apple devices (iPhone and iPad) when I'll find (and now receive the one I order now) my lost lightning to micro usb cable :oops:

Thank you

PS : I'm always French
simeur

Postby joshfryer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:58 pm

This whole mess is irritating. IK, just like the rest of the world, had the same amount of time to update their software when it was released in beta, in June. I feel like the audio community is the slowest to update; I now know how pro tools users feel.
joshfryer

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 pm

joshfryer wrote:This whole mess is irritating. IK, just like the rest of the world, had the same amount of time to update their software when it was released in beta, in June. I feel like the audio community is the slowest to update; I now know how pro tools users feel.

Actually, there are changes that were made much more recently (very close to release) that affected not just us but many audio companies. This isn't a cut and dry update.

That said, I never recommend updating to any major OS release on day one if you are doing any important work on that computer. There are typically growing pains at the beginning of any release.

We have made our official statement, it is posted in our News & Announcements here, on the News section of the IK web site, and there's a FAQ that will be updated with any new information.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling