Trial products not showing up in my DAW [RESOLVED]

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Trial products not showing up in my DAW [RESOLVED]

Postby Phil86 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Hello,

I am having a little issue in terms of being able to demo new products and get them to show up in my workstation. I use windows 10 intel core i7 6700 @3.41 ghz 16gb RAM 64-bit operating system. The DAW I use is Studio One version 4.5 Professional. I currently have the T racks 5 Max bundle - which all work fine, but when I try to demo new products I've added from the T racks custom shop they're not showing up in my DAW anywhere.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here so if anyone can help me here that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Phil
Phil86

Re: Trial products not showing up in my DAW

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:32 pm

Hello Phil86 and welcome to the forum.

To Try out other T_RackS 5 products you need to keep the Custom Shop program open while loading them in your DAW.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Phil86 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:51 pm

I have the custom shop open when trying to demo the products and have found that they appear in my T racks mastering suite for use but they don't appear in my DAW as stand alone plugins to use on individual tracks. I've also tried restarted my computer and opening studio one again but not having any luck here. I've even gone as far as going into my options menu and clicking re setting black listed plugins - but to no avail.

The plugins I'm trying to use are from the tape bundle collection

Phil
Phil86

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Did you mean that you can load them into the TR5 standalone program?

Can you load them into the "TR5 Suite" plug-in in your DAW?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Phil86 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:18 pm

Hey there,

I can load them into TR5 Standalone program but not using them in TR5 Suite (or individually) in Studio One if that makes sense.

I have sent a support ticket to IK earliar - forgetting to put my serial number in but not heard a response back yet.

Would it be best to resend the message with the serial number if I don't get a reply back straightaway?

Phil
Phil86

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:29 am

If you can load them into the TR5 standalone program and use them there, then they certainly should load in Studio One too (into TR5 Suite and as individual plug-ins).

Do they appear in Studio One's plug-in browser?
Are the plug-in scan path(s) correct?
Did they get black-listed?
Also, just try a "Gear . Resorte my Gear" in the Custom Shop program / T-RackS section.

As for your Support Ticket - if you got an acknowledgement, then please reply to that. If not then give it a day or so before creating a new Ticket.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Phil86 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:18 pm

DarkStar wrote:Do they appear in Studio One's plug-in browser?

I don't see them in the studio one browser but they do appear in the T racks 5 Suite Master plugin standalone.

DarkStar wrote:Are the plug-in scan path(s) correct?

I did a check this and couldn't find the tape machines on my PC at all when doing a full search. I've not moved any plugin paths for the any of my plugins but the only thing I have moved is the desktop shortcut to opening the custom shop. The reason for doing this was to to make space on my C drive to install another 3rd party product at the time. It hasn't effected the rest of the T Racks 5 Max Bundle as everything else works and appears in both Studio One & Standalone.

DarkStar wrote:Did they get black-listed?

Nothing has come up as being blacklisted. I've run 'reset blacklisted plugins' and closed Studio One to re open and this hasn't done anything at all.

DarkStar wrote:Also, just try a "Gear . Resorte my Gear" in the Custom Shop program / T-RackS section.

I've tried this as well and nothing has happened. I still have them 'On Trial for 13 more Days' on the Tape Machine 80 and 99 in my account, but I can't see them alone in Studio One or in the TR5 Suite in Studio One. They do appear in the Standalone version of TR5 Suite only.
I had a go at shutting down both Custom Shop and Studio One and reopening together but this hasn't done anything either.

I did get back to the email last night I sent to IK and put in my serial number as a reply so I'll give it a bit of time and wait for a response. If no reply I'll submit another support ticket.

I appreciate your advice and replying back quickly.

Phil
Phil86

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Hey Phil,

Shoot me a PM with your Ticket # when you can, I'll flag your case with the information provided here.

I would suggest reinstalling the latest T-RackS 5 version from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account. Make sure to look where you are installing your plug-ins in case your path has changed for any reason.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

Below is a screen shot of what your Studio One 4 Plug-in Locations should look with default Windows settings to show your IK plug-ins (Of course if you've customized your location this may look a little different).

Note* Version 5.2.0 and later offer the Tape Machines. If you are using any older version of T-RackS 5 you will not see these modules listed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:02 pm

^^^
I was thinking that but Phil86 said that they load into the TR5 standalone program.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Phil86 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:13 pm

Just a recent update,

I had a go over the weekend in re installing t racks bundle and long and behold the tape machine collection appears in both studio one and TR Suite on its own. It must have just needed a reset overall.

Thanks again for everything and reaching out to me.

Cheers

Phil
Phil86

Re: Trial products not showing up in my DAW [RESOLVED]

Postby garfy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:38 am

Great stuff, glad that the issue has been sorted. :D

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox