Wet level on delay/reverb too extreme?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Wet level on delay/reverb too extreme?

Postby FrThib » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Am I the only one who experience this : the "wet" level of some fx, such as reverb and delay, need to be "one tick" above 0 before being too loud ?

I have such a hard time getting a reverb and delay (using the rack digital verb in a amp loop) who sounds natural... I have to put the level at maybe 0.5 / 10.. The range 0.5 to 10 is unusable.. (way too loud)

I purchased the (t-rack) tape echo and Fulltone ss delay and I experienced the exact same thing.. And the upper high end completely dissapear when I use the echoplex post amplitube.
It's a cool effect but I find this strange. Is that the effect of the preamp?
FrThib

Re: Wet level on delay/reverb too extreme?

Postby jjguitar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:43 am

francoisthibault wrote:Am I the only one who experience this : the "wet" level of some fx, such as reverb and delay, need to be "one tick" above 0 before being too loud ?

I have such a hard time getting a reverb and delay (using the rack digital verb in a amp loop) who sounds natural... I have to put the level at maybe 0.5 / 10.. The range 0.5 to 10 is unusable.. (way too loud)

I agree. I use it at 0.8 maximum
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby carlaz » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:41 pm

I also tend use very low levels of delay (and reverb barely at all). But this is true for "real world" gear as well.

Lots of delay and reverb units are perfectly capable of producing fairly extreme amounts of their effects. And there may be very specific cases where someone may want to use a fairly extreme amount of some effect. But most of the time, most players are probably pretty restrained on the amounts of delay or reverb.

A lot of guitarists might have a delay unit set to produce 3-4 barely audible repeats that they turn on when playing leads, just to thicken up of the tone or make the part "pop" a bit, and then nothing else.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby felipecouto75 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:53 pm

I suggest put a rack delay, double mode, 60 ms, 20% feedback and 10% dry/wet before the rack reverb as a Pre Delay.

It improves a lot the reverb effect.
felipecouto75

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling