Philharmonik 2 zones question?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Philharmonik 2 zones question?

Postby squeakD » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Is it possible to move the zones of a part in a custom multi? I want to move the zone of a violin assigned to a part “up” to a higher register, and use that as a solo instrument with the multi. Perhaps this is partly a key range issue too.

I have the CE version of Philharmonik 2, and that doesn’t include preset Multi’s. So I don’t have the ability to see what the possibilities are by viewing the edits made by the developers for those multi’s.

Sqk
squeakD

Re: Philharmonik 2 zones question?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:28 pm

'Fraid not; that is not possible.The playable ranges for each instrument are chosen to match real-life.

Multis are "only" collections one one or more instruments in a single file. They do not have any additional editing possibilities. As far as I know, you could load several instruments into MP2 CE, add some FX and then "Save as" them as a Multi.

Later on, you could load that Multi and get all the instruments loaded, with those FX.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby squeakD » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. I might actually be able to do this using one of my DAWS editing features. Again, thank you.

Sqk
squeakD

Postby squeakD » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Wow! It worked using my DAW’s editing tools! I was able to move zones, ect. It requires some pre-planning however to reduce the number of instances I have to run Of Philharmonik.

Sqk
squeakD

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More