[SOLVED] Amplitube 4 and Double Preset Listings

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

[SOLVED] Amplitube 4 and Double Preset Listings

Postby Syphus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:21 am

HI there everyone,

I did a search and did not come up with any answer near what I was looking to find - so here it is:

Has anyone experienced "double presets" in the preset browser? For example, I open the browser and see "Deep Clean" preset; right under it (next preset listing) there is another of the same exact preset.

I tried to trace it down as far as location of the preset and from what I see they are located in the same place.

Did a search on the folder "presets" under Amplitube 4 and it showed two listings in the same folder. When there and there was only one preset.

Does anybody know why this is happening (perhaps registry listings?) - can this be fixed easily. I want to see if there is a known fix before I go to support about it.

Running Win 7 OS

Thanks in advance,

Syphus
Last edited by Syphus on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syphus

Re: Amplitube 4 and Double Preset Listings

Postby Syphus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 am

Alright I did a little home work and found this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13531

It was the key to finding my problem. Other than uninstalling and reinstalling (which I don't want to do), you basically have to find the duplicates and remove them.

In my haste, I overlooked the fact that I had two directories one called

MESA Boogie

and one called

Amplitube MESA Boogie

They contained the same presets hence the reason for two presets showing up. I will just write a script that will go thru and remove the duplicates (one day).

So this is "SOLVED" for now. I hope this answers someone else's question when it happens to them.

Syphus
Syphus

Re: [SOLVED] Amplitube 4 and Double Preset Listings

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:07 am

As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling