Midi Map for Modo Drum - BFD3

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Midi Map for Modo Drum - BFD3

Postby dnr » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:09 pm

I have just created a Midi map to play back BFD 3 midi files. I am not sure that it is 100% as there are many different articulations and kit pieces. However it is a start. If anyone improves it could they post it?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Hope the link works.
dnr

Re: Midi Map for Modo Drum - BFD3

Postby dnr » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 am

Has anyone found this useful? Are the mappings of the cymbals ok? That is where most of the issues lie. You might have to adjust if you are using one of the bigger kits.
dnr

Postby encore1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello "Dnr",

I am really interrested to buy MODO Drum but as I could not found its manual on the IK Multimedia web site I wanted to find someone who already own it . So I was wondering if you could give me some information about the use/import of "third party" midi files.

Is is possible to import and use in MODO Drum your OWN drum patterns midi files or some midi files comming from other companies like Toontrack, XLN Audio, Groove Monkey, etc?

Many thanks in advance for your answer.
Best regards, Eric
encore1

Postby dnr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:52 am

It is very good but at the moment it is difficult for me to use as I cannot drag and drop midi files into Cubase. There seems to be no method of importing third party midi files into Modo Drum at the moment. Although you can use midi files in you DAW if you have created a midi map. Modo Drum uses General Midi so if you library has this option there shoun't be a problem. I had to create a midi map to convert BFD3 mapping bact to general midi so that I could work with existing drum tracks.
dnr

Postby encore1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Hello ,

thanks a lot for your fast reply, and the confirmation of my 'doubts' about MODO Drum MIDI limitations.

I bought 2 weeks ago Sample Tank 4 & then MODO bass last week which I like very much, so I think if even if MODO Drum is not yet supporting the import of MIDI I think this could probably be available in a near future. MODO bass is in version 1.5 and MODO drum is a 'young' product compared to it and therfore it has "room for improvements" ;)

I did not paid attention to MODO Drum before recently as I (stupidly) thought that it was another "sample based" Drum machine and I have got EZDrummer already. I should have looked at it more in details much earlier. It is a pity as I then missed the early bird offers for a few days, ****... :(

Best regards and thanks again for your answers, Eric
encore1

Postby dnr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:05 pm

I think that it will eventually be very good. However, it does have to pay attention to what serious users want in terms of programmability. It needs to have a more sophisticated approach to programming.

Quite possibly this might mean redesigning the grooves page to allow sequencing parts within Modo Drum, which I would think is essential in the standalone version especially. Also being able to edit within Modo Drum would be useful too. Also I wishe IK would hurry up and solve the Drag & Drop Cubase issue which is currently dissuading me from using it in any new project.

I am sure that they will get there in the end. However, this could have been an even more groundbreaking product had they sorted this area before release. That is why IK need beta testers. People who use it in the real world.
dnr

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS