AmpliTube Brian May for Mac/PC, iPhone, iPad Now Available

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

AmpliTube Brian May for Mac/PC, iPhone, iPad Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 pm

From Brian’s treble booster to his three-amp live setup and carefully curated effects selection, guitarists can enjoy new amp, cab and stompbox models in a convenient package, along with presets covering his celebrated discography. Each model was created with the supervision of Brian May and his long-time technical team, to carefully replicate his rig.

A key element of Brian’s distinct sound comes from his Red Special guitar that, famously, he hand built with his father in the 1960s from spare parts and household materials. Because the guitar is such an integral part of his rig, IK’s engineers went the extra mile to even create a new stompbox effect that helps simulate the Red Special’s tone and controls. This offers guitarists a more authentic musical experience that pays homage to this living legend.

What’s included in AmpliTube Brian May
Available in convenient desktop app and plug-in for any DAW, AmpliTube Brian May offers up to 11 new models including 2 amps, 3 cabinets, and up to 6 stompbox effects.

Included are unique offerings such as a new pedal modeling Brian’s Red Special guitar and a model of the one-of-a-kind, home-built “Deacy” Amp (with user adjustable battery power!) originally created by Queen bassist John Deacon, after modifying an old radio. Other highlights incorporate his famous triple-amp live setup; tone-shaping effects; and even a harmonizer for nailing those Queen stacked leads in a single take.

Amplifiers
Based on the classic triple VOX® AC30™ setup, the BM 30 offers three amps with the effects chain in a Wet-Dry-Wet configuration to match Brian May’s iconic setup. The BM DK is a model of the small “Deacy” amp that became the trademark sound of many Queen songs.

Cabinets
The 2x12 BM 30 Blue (named the 2x12 BM1 in the Brian May collection for iOS) is a triple cabinet based on the cab section of a VOX AC30 equipped with with Celestion™ Alnico Blue speakers. The 2x12 BM 30 H70 (2x12 BM2 in the Brian May collection for iOS) is with Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers. In addition, the 1x6 BM DK provides the cabinet section of the BM DK amp, featuring a 6” speaker.

Stompboxes
The Red Special, created from a detailed study of Brian May’s famous guitar, helps add the unique tonality and controls of the Red Special itself. Based on the original KAT® Treble Booster, the Treble Booster enriches guitar tone similar to Brian May’s by boosting it before it reaches the amp.

May Wah was based on a rackmount Dunlop® Cry Baby® wah, modeled in the exact configurations Brian May uses to shape his tone, while the FOX Phaser was based on the unique and distinctive sound of the fOXX® Foot Phaser.

Star Gate is a noise gate that helps clean up the signal chain, minimizing the noise feeding Brian’s unique amp and pedal setup.

The iPhone and iPad version, the Brian May Collection (which is inside the existing AmpliTube app) also adds the 30 – a 30-band Graphic EQ, with +/- 15 dB boost per band and a+/- 15dB Level control, to help craft a more exact match of Brian’s tones. This pedal is already included for free in AmpliTube Custom Shop for Mac/PC.

Discography presets
A full set of painstakingly created song-based discography presets were compiled by Jamie Humphries, guitarist for the official Queen stage production “We Will Rock You,” who has also performed with Queen and Brian May. These presets allow users to dial up their favorite Brian May tones instantly and were constructed under Brian’s personal supervision.

Options, pricing and availability
AmpliTube Brian May (for Mac/PC) runs inside AmpliTube Custom Shop, a free download available to all. The new models are available now for purchase as a bundle from the Custom Shop, the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for $/€99.99 (excl. taxes).

No previous purchase of AmpliTube is required. The new models will show up as an optional purchase for existing users of AmpliTube 4 upon updating to the latest version.

The Brian May Collection (iPhone and iPad) is available via in-app purchase from within AmpliTube CS for iPhone or iPad, for $19.99. Individual models may also be purchased a la carte (Stomp FX - $3.99 each; amps - $6.99 each). All models are also part of IK’s All-In Bundle 2019 collection, which is available for in-app purchase.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube Brian May for Mac/PC, iPhone, iPad Now Availab

Postby dlgebert » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:38 pm

I was amazed that this was released this quickly. When I saw the videos that were released yesterday afternoon and they said available now, I was skeptical because they just started the teaser video a few days before and I hadn't seen anything new posted. I was really hoping for a Voxx branded collection, but I picked this up since I have every Amplitube model plus I'm a big Queen fan as well.

I like the three amp setup... I see the left and right amps both have the harmonizer, so that should interesting. I've used the rack mount Harmonator in a similar way where you can have three separate voices. It's cool having separate delays and choruses on the left and right amps as well. I can see creating a pretty huge sound with this three amp setup.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby mjcouche » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:47 pm

How are you able to buy this on iPhone and iPad? I try to buy it in Amplitube CS on both iPhone (8 Plus) and iPad (2018 9.7) on the latest iOS and it just shows a ---- for the price. When I click buy, a little wheel just spins endlessly.

Help! Hoping for these tones soon!

Thanks.
mjcouche

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:59 pm

mjcouche wrote:How are you able to buy this on iPhone and iPad? I try to buy it in Amplitube CS on both iPhone (8 Plus) and iPad (2018 9.7) on the latest iOS and it just shows a ---- for the price. When I click buy, a little wheel just spins endlessly.

Help! Hoping for these tones soon!

Thanks.

There was an issue initially for some, but an update has been approved and should propagate out everywhere for the iOS in-app purchase during today.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bart.childers » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:18 pm

I bought the all-in iOS package as well - wanting the full-suite of everything available on my iPhone and iPad. It's giving me the same message. I hope the update fixes it.

I have to observe that I could not get the thick, rich overdrive sound I was after using my Red Special and the 'recipe' I intuitively came up with. I'll start going through the album/song presets instead of just throwing together pieces and parts and settings on my own.

Overall pleased with the Amplitube product suite - I really wish the desktop UI was scalable. It's annoyingly small on today's High-Res screens.
bart.childers

Postby Talahamut » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 pm

I can't wait to get this...I just got my Brian May guitar a week ago and now this pops up out of nowhere! :D

But the most important question - Does purchasing this qualify me for the Pick & Mix Group Buy? I'd love to grab the remaining Amplitube packs I still need as part of it!
Talahamut

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:03 pm

bart.childers wrote:I bought the all-in iOS package as well - wanting the full-suite of everything available on my iPhone and iPad. It's giving me the same message. I hope the update fixes it.

I have to observe that I could not get the thick, rich overdrive sound I was after using my Red Special and the 'recipe' I intuitively came up with. I'll start going through the album/song presets instead of just throwing together pieces and parts and settings on my own.

Overall pleased with the Amplitube product suite - I really wish the desktop UI was scalable. It's annoyingly small on today's High-Res screens.

I've been told the All-In 2019 Bundle buyers do indeed get the Brian May gear without issue, it was just with the Brian May Collection bundle purchase that had issues. If you have a different experience you may want to contact support to see if it is related to something besides this update.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Talahamut wrote:I can't wait to get this...I just got my Brian May guitar a week ago and now this pops up out of nowhere! :D

But the most important question - Does purchasing this qualify me for the Pick & Mix Group Buy? I'd love to grab the remaining Amplitube packs I still need as part of it!

This was released after the Pick & Mix Group Buy started and is not a qualifying product listed on that page.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bart.childers » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I've been told the All-In 2019 Bundle buyers do indeed get the Brian May gear without issue, it was just with the Brian May Collection bundle purchase that had issues. If you have a different experience you may want to contact support to see if it is related to something besides this update.

Odd. I just bought the "Everything released in 2019" bundle on my iPad. I would swear the Brian May stuff was in there. Now it is not. The Brian May equipment shows up in my iPhone - but when I click on an item it dumps me into the store.
bart.childers

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:12 pm

bart.childers wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:I've been told the All-In 2019 Bundle buyers do indeed get the Brian May gear without issue, it was just with the Brian May Collection bundle purchase that had issues. If you have a different experience you may want to contact support to see if it is related to something besides this update.

Odd. I just bought the "Everything released in 2019" bundle on my iPad. I would swear the Brian May stuff was in there. Now it is not. The Brian May equipment shows up in my iPhone - but when I click on an item it dumps me into the store.

Do a Restore Purchases and see if that helps. If not, our support team can assist directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby czoli » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:42 pm

I second this as well...
I really wish the desktop UI was scalable. It's annoyingly small on today's High-Res screens.
One of the great things about the Modo products and Sampletank. I'm willing to pay for a scalable visual update of all the amp models. I don't really care about what all the amp controls look like, just that they are scalable and bigger.
czoli

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:18 pm

This is logged as a feature request for AmpliTube 5. Scaling is not specific to a collection so it would not be possible until there is a major update to AmpliTube (as it also will require a major update to the graphic engine of AmpliTube).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby czoli » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This is logged as a feature request for AmpliTube 5. Scaling is not specific to a collection so it would not be possible until there is a major update to AmpliTube (as it also will require a major update to the graphic engine of AmpliTube).

Bigger controls nonscalable would work too.
czoli

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:43 pm

czoli wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:This is logged as a feature request for AmpliTube 5. Scaling is not specific to a collection so it would not be possible until there is a major update to AmpliTube (as it also will require a major update to the graphic engine of AmpliTube).

Bigger controls nonscalable would work too.

Please add to the official wishlist thread in the AmpliTube sub forum. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pspedding » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:47 am

According to the documentation, there are supposed to be options for adding backing tracks in the AmpliTube Custom Shop:

SpeedTrainer to slow-down/speed up backing tracks with no change in pitch
Built-in 2-track recorder in the standalone version

(https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/)

but I haven't been able to figure out how to get these to work. I have the LickLibrary Queen backing tracks so I was hoping to be able jam along with them.

Anyone had any success getting these working?
Pspedding

Next

Return to News and Announcements