Replacement Amp PCB for iLoud Personal Monitor?

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Replacement Amp PCB for iLoud Personal Monitor?

Postby tnt2gamer0 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Can a replacement circuit board be purchased for the original iLoud Personal Monitor? I purchased mine on 11-December-2013 and never realized that my right tweeter did not work. My serial number is IUD01-69PROASX-54460. The circuit board has iLoud AMP_PCB Rev:1.0 printed on it. A daughterboard plugged into it has a bar code sticker with MT3810SP01-05 printed on it. One resistor (R59) on the back of the circuit board is only soldered on one side, and is twisted diagonally. Two capacitors (C42 and C78) are missing from the board. I figure this is why no sound comes from the right tweeter. The tweeter itself is not the problem. I hooked the wires to the left side of the board and it worked. I am wondering how this thing passed by Quality Control Inspector #4 back in the day, and I hope these suckers are being made better now. I love my speaker, but hate knowing that it is defective. It is way past the warranty period, but I would still like to fix it (unless the replacement parts would cost more than a new iLoud).
tnt2gamer0

Re: Replacement Amp PCB for iLoud Personal Monitor?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi, sorry to hear you have trouble. This would need to be handled directly via IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support They can guide you directly. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tnt2gamer0 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:00 am

Thanks Peter. I wrote them, and am eagerly awaiting their reply. :mrgreen:
tnt2gamer0

Postby thebeatseeker » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Hey,

Not sure if it's too late for you to get this...
Was wanting to ask how you managed to get to the Amp pcb board?
Pretty sure mine has blown as i only have top end and the voloume control at the back of the unit doesn't work.

Am cuurently living in cali colombia, so ill try and get a new pcb board sent.
Have tried to access it by taking out the bass cone but cant see how to get to it.

m
thebeatseeker

Postby tnt2gamer0 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:05 pm

I think it was just held on with 4 screws in the corners of the board. You will have to unplug the cables that are plugged into it. I don't think the speakers are in the way.
tnt2gamer0

Postby thebeatseeker » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:16 pm

cool thanks:)
thebeatseeker

Postby supanorton » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:20 am

tnt2gamer0 wrote:Can a replacement circuit board be purchased for the original iLoud Personal Monitor? I purchased mine on 11-December-2013 and never realized that my right tweeter did not work. My serial number is IUD01-69PROASX-54460. The circuit board has iLoud AMP_PCB Rev:1.0 printed on it. A daughterboard plugged into it has a bar code sticker with MT3810SP01-05 printed on it. One resistor (R59) on the back of the circuit board is only soldered on one side, and is twisted diagonally. Two capacitors (C42 and C78) are missing from the board. I figure this is why no sound comes from the right tweeter. The tweeter itself is not the problem. I hooked the wires to the left side of the board and it worked. I am wondering how this thing passed by Quality Control Inspector #4 back in the day, and I hope these suckers are being made better now. I love my speaker, but hate knowing that it is defective. It is way past the warranty period, but I would still like to fix it (unless the replacement parts would cost more than a new iLoud).

Hi, how did you open your iLoud?
supanorton

Postby tnt2gamer0 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:17 pm

You have to remove the rubber screw covers to get to the screws.
tnt2gamer0

Postby supanorton » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:35 pm

tnt2gamer0 wrote:You have to remove the rubber screw covers to get to the screws.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it. I didn't realize they were rubber. LOL. The magnet came loose on one of the drivers, and I had to put it back with some epoxy. It's curing now. Hoping it holds.
supanorton

Postby StephenMac » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:10 am

tnt2gamer0 wrote:You have to remove the rubber screw covers to get to the screws.

No bass with my iLoud Micro monitor, and cannot find any rubber screw covers, or other way to open the housing/case...any familiarity with doing this?

Thanks.
StephenMac

Postby supanorton » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:55 pm

StephenMac wrote:

No bass with my iLoud Micro monitor, and cannot find any rubber screw covers, or other way to open the housing/case...any familiarity with doing this?

Thanks.

Do you have Micro Monitors that come as a pair? I have the single portable blue tooth iLoud.

This one:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloud/

On the back of mine, there are 9 circles filled with little black rubber stoppers (one in each corner and 5 others more towards the center. I used a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry the rubber stoppers out. Once they're out, you can remove the 9 screws, giving you access to the inside. Be gentle.

When I opened mine, I noticed one of the magnets had come loose from one of the speakers. I epoxied it back in place, and now it's working great again.

Good luck.
supanorton

Postby StephenMac » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:53 pm

I do have the ones that come as a pair, so no luck. But thanks for taking the time to respond.
StephenMac

Postby johnsiket » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:57 pm

Thank-you!! The left tweeter in my iLoud Bluetooth speaker is quiet. Now I know how to take it apart. Cheers!!
johnsiket

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers