Cant update UNO Firmware on Mac OS 10.14.2

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Cant update UNO Firmware on Mac OS 10.14.2

Postby halidex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:17 pm

So as the subject says, I'm on Mac OS 10.14.2 Following instructions for updating UNO synth firmware found here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/firmware/. When I launch the firmware updater app I do not see the UNO synth in the 'Select Device' drop down. My UNO is currently running 1.0.2. :?

Also, just another observation, when I go into the native Mac AudiovMIDI Setup app I do see the UNO synth there but it is "grey'ed out" implying that it is offline however it is very much not. I believe (and hope) that this issue can be resolved as it is holding me up from using the synth editor and with my DAW, etc.
halidex

Re: Cant update UNO Firmware on Mac OS 10.14.2

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Please note that, per the link you posted, this is something that IK Support will need to troubleshoot:

Contact the IK Multimedia support service in case you need assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halidex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 pm

Well I feel like a bit of an idiot but I'm past the problem and that outweighs it. Since I bought this second hand I did not have the micro USB cable that came with it so I was using one I had lying around. Come to find out, not all these USB A to MicroUSB cables are created equal. Per suggestion from IK Multimedia tech support in my case, I switched cables and updated successfully.
halidex

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:20 pm

halidex wrote:Well I feel like a bit of an idiot but I'm past the problem and that outweighs it. Since I bought this second hand I did not have the micro USB cable that came with it so I was using one I had lying around. Come to find out, not all these USB A to MicroUSB cables are created equal. Per suggestion from IK Multimedia tech support in my case, I switched cables and updated successfully.

Oh my, I should have started with the basics then! I certainly should kick myself for not thinking about how some USB cables are, as you say, not created equal :D
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jere.kapyaho » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:17 pm

I seem to have run into this same problem trying to update my UNO Synth firmware to 1.1.4 (running macOS 10.13.6 on an iMac). I can't locate the original USB cable anywhere in the sea of cables in various boxes -- first I tried one that probably isn't the original, and got "Firmware update failed". Then I tried the orange cable that comes with the Novation Launchpad mini -- same result. What are my options? Just try to find the original cable? What makes it so special?
jere.kapyaho

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:42 pm

jere.kapyaho wrote:I seem to have run into this same problem trying to update my UNO Synth firmware to 1.1.4 (running macOS 10.13.6 on an iMac). I can't locate the original USB cable anywhere in the sea of cables in various boxes -- first I tried one that probably isn't the original, and got "Firmware update failed". Then I tried the orange cable that comes with the Novation Launchpad mini -- same result. What are my options? Just try to find the original cable? What makes it so special?

As long as your have a good micro-USB cable, it should work. Please let IK Support know you are having issues at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they can assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jere.kapyaho » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:44 pm

Strange... I wanted to update my UNO's firmware from 1.13 to 1.14, but got "Firmware update failed" with two different micro-USB cables. I located yet another micro-USB cable (this one might actually be the cable originally supplied with my iRig HD).

When I connected my UNO and started it up, after calibration it said "1 1 4" -- so it seems like the firmware updater had worked earlier anyway! I tried the update again, and got "Update failed" like before -- but the UNO reports its firmware version as the latest (at this time).

So I still don't know if I have a cable that can be used for updating, but at least it looks like it was updated after all. I guess I need to try this again when the next firmware update is released. No big deal, just curious of what's going on here...
jere.kapyaho

Postby Vicentept » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:23 am

I had experience the same problems in my OS 10.13.6 .. Uno synth and uno Drum cannot be found here in my computer..
Got the same answer about the cable but its obvious that its not a cable problem... With more than 30 synths and drum machines these 2 are the only that brings me problems..
I will come here again with more time to end this message..
Vicentept

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:02 pm

While other users may chime in with suggestions, the best route is to continue working with Technical Support. Reply to your email messages saying the the cable is OK and asking for further guidance.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth