Video - Exp pedal/midi controller with Amplitube 4

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Video - Exp pedal/midi controller with Amplitube 4

Postby ilovenoise » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:53 am

I've just uploaded a tutorial that shows how to setup an expression pedal or midi controller (iRig Stomp) to use with Amplitube or other suitable plugins. I'm using the AXE I/O but the same concept will apply to any interface.
https://youtu.be/kOR9ILsy-pg
ilovenoise

Re: Video - Exp pedal/midi controller with Amplitube 4

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Another great video, thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jacobrwhitfield » Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 pm

ilovenoise,

Great video! This was a huge help. Thank you bro
jacobrwhitfield

Postby webbadeth » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:17 am

I just got my Axe I/o, (it's amazing), but I can seem to get it to see my EV-5 expression pedal. When I go to Show Control Panel/controller, I see where I can assign the expression pedal, but moving it shows no change in value. Both pieces of hardware are brand new. I've just installed all the software, so I know its up to date, and my Mac is running the latest updates too.

I have also tried to manually assign it in Amplitube 4 by clicking a parameter, assigning and looking for a controller, but that doesn't work either. So I'm guessing my issue is somewhere in the Axe I/o or EV-5

What am I missing?

UPDATE: I was able to get the EV-5 to be seen in Logic Pro while plugged into the Axe. This is what I did...

the only other piece of gear with an expression outlet I have is an old irig keys, so I plugged that into Logic Pro x and was able to assign the EV-5. Then I plugged the Ev-5 into the Axe I/o and was magically able to assign it.

Sady I'm still not able to control anything in Amplitube 4. The midi set up section doesn't show any midi devices. I guess I can just use the sound from Amplitube in Logic, but I'd still like to be able to do it in Amplitube for plug an play jamming.
webbadeth

Return to Interfaces & Controllers