Where is the MODO DRUM content? How do I move it?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Where is the MODO DRUM content? How do I move it?

Postby T.Schimmack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi!

I just installed MODO DRUM 1.0.0. on a Mac.
The installer is about 8GB.
The installer says, 12GB will be needed for the installed product.
I can only choose the internal SSD for installation.
I just find some smaller files on my disc after the installation (like the VST-Plug-ins, Stand alone, etc.), but not those 12GB?
Why is it actually that big, it's not based on samples, isn't it?

I would love to store them in the same location (external HD), like all my SampleTank 4 stuff!
How do I find the 12GB of content and how do I move it?
There is no option in the MODO DRUM settings?

Thanks in advance! ;-)
Thomas
T.Schimmack

Re: Where is the content? How do I move it?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:41 pm

The location you choose in the installer will be where the content is installed. There is no option to move it at this time. The request to be able to move just the sample content has been relayed to the team.

Note that the plugin locations that you are asked about during the installation process are not connected to where the sample content is installed. You'd want to keep those to where you keep your VST2/3, AAX, and AU plugins on your system.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby T.Schimmack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:43 pm

... but I cannot change the location in the installer, it only offers the internal SSD....
T.Schimmack

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:50 pm

The installer for MODO DRUM will prompt you for a location during the initial installation process. If you have already run the installer, you'd need to uninstall and then reinstall.

Please make sure you have the latest downloaded from your IK User Area and you've followed the above advice and you still don't get this option please let IK Support know directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:03 am

T.Schimmack wrote:Why is it actually that big, it's not based on samples, isn't it?

This is from the product info page:

MODO DRUM completes each kit with a range of cymbals. Combining sampling and synthesis
dlgebert

Postby dnr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 pm

I was asked where I wanted to place the content. I specified a folder in another drive and the content was not placed there upon installation. Given some of the other issues I have had I am beginning to think that Modo Drum was not as thoroughly beta tested as it should have been.

By the way the content is in C Drive-Program Files-IK Multimedia-Modo Drum-Grooves
dnr

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:38 pm

dnr wrote:I was asked where I wanted to place the content. I specified a folder in another drive and the content was not placed there upon installation. Given some of the other issues I have had I am beginning to think that Modo Drum was not as thoroughly beta tested as it should have been.

By the way the content is in C Drive-Program Files-IK Multimedia-Modo Drum-Grooves

Interesting, as that has been reported working for others on Windows. MODO DRUM was tested thoroughly, sorry to hear you are having this issue on your system and experienced the known issue where drag and drop MIDI grooves isn't working on the version of your preferred DAW. IK Support can assist you with both of these issues.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby helgetjelta » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 pm

For Mac users, it asks not for location.

But, go to Library/Application support and move the whole IK multimedia folder to your external drive. then make a symbolic link to it.

I just did. Works fine.

To do a symbolic link (not shortcut/alias), you need to do it with help from the terminal.
1. Do a finder copy of IK multimedia folder to external disk
2. cd to the application folder (done in terminal), just type cd space a drag drop that application folder from finder into that window and hit RETURN
3. Now for the symbolic link:
sudo -s ln -s /Volumes/2TBSSD_Helge/Lyder/Library/Application\ Support/IK\ Multimedia IK\ Multimedia

you do this by typing sudo -s ln -s
then drag and drop the folder form your external drive, then type inn the name of IK\ Multimedia.... be sure to use \ and a space so it is exactly the same name... or else it will NOT work.

now you should see a folder that looks like and alias.
helgetjelta

Postby T.Schimmack » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Thank you for your post.
I tried several times to install it and did not find, what I do wrong.
But on a Mac, the installer really does not ask for a location.

Your solution helped.
Thanks!
I used the tiny software for that (instead of the terminal), I found on the internet, called "SymbolicLinker"
Already helped me with a lot of stuff, I wanted to get off my internal SSD to free some space.
The latest version of SymbolicLinker can be downloaded here: https://github.com/nickzman/symboliclinker/releases
I can highly recommend it.

But please, IK Multimedia, update the installer of MODO, so it's easier in the future.
Thank you!
T.Schimmack

Re: Where is the MODO DRUM content? How do I move it?

Postby sypherous96 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:29 am

bumpity bump bump
I've been asking this in many other places/servers might as well try here since this is where the original solution was...
Why would a symbolic link on macos not work right?
Here's the thing, when I move it to disk 1, and leave a symbolic link in the main library, it works, the plugin loads (in Reaper)
but when I try to move that source to disk 2, and start all over again puttting a new symbolic link in the library that points to disk 2, the program crashes
both symbolic links work as they're supposed to in the finder, doubleclicking sends me to the correct folder on the disk...so what gives..what else could be different?
Hope you can help because nowhere else can...

I will make a screen cap video if this question wasn't clear enough
sypherous96

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS