Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby therealyez » Wed May 29, 2019 3:06 pm

"My biggest wish: 32 or 64 step sequencer... 16 steps is just not really enough"
+1
We've seen it before....still the best wish around!
therealyez

Postby mungewell » Fri May 31, 2019 4:53 am

Knob Behaviour - Relative mode hits end limts.

At present the Editor can set knob behaviour to be relative, and i like that you don't get sudden changes to the sound... however, it's frustrating that you can hit the end of the turn before you've made all the desired adjustment. You can turn the knob all the way the opposite way to reset the range, but that results in large changes to the sound.

Note: This wouldn't have been an issue with encoders, but I understand the economy of using simple pots instead.

Would it be possible to make the 4 knobs completely de-selectable, so they could be recentered without sound changes?

This could be achieved by allowing a 2nd press on a selected OSC/Filter/ENV/LFO button, to de-select it... maybe this might only be available during relative mode.

Cheers,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby sikdrumz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 am

I'm sad to discover that there is actually no midi mapping in the Uno synth for Pitch Bend :(

Since there is no master tuning control either, that means the only way to make e.g a pitch riser is to use the LFO...

But you can't re-trigger the LFO...

You could use a slow portamento, but even at max value the glide time isn't all that slow, and if your portamento notes are close together it completes very fast.

Please can we have the ability to map the pitch bend control for automation? I'm really not sure why this was excluded...

sikdrumz wrote:Ok another request arising from today's jam...

Given that there is a pitch bend function (included in the software) that allows non-steppy pitch bends > 1 octave, could we be given access to this as a tuning function for the oscillators? I.e. A knob that can change the oscillator pitch but does not revert to zero automatically?

Is it possible to have one such knob per oscillator?

Obviously in a DAW one could automate the existing pitch bend knob to do this, but a further dedicated knob/s would be great!
sikdrumz

Postby sikdrumz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 am

Firmware 1.1.4 seems to be available now, as of June 3rd 2019.

Anybody care to tell us what is in it?

[mod redacted, one post is enough]
sikdrumz

Postby FailedMuso » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:52 am

FailedMuso

Postby sikdrumz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:15 pm

“What is new in Firmware version 1.1.4

Fixed bug which causes the synth to randomly changing presets in certain situations
Fixed bug which causes some parameters to do not be reproduced correctly after recorded on the sequencer”

Any news on when/if some feature requests from this thread will be incorporated...?
sikdrumz

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:36 pm

Hey Guys!

I want to assure everyone here that we are listening to your feedback and we are keeping track of all of the requests here. Unfortunately, we cannot implement all of the requests listed, but having a compiled list makes future development of what users want that much easier. We appreciate all of the feedback and comments listed in this thread already.

The most recent firmware update was to fix issues, which were reported by some users and we wanted to get this out as soon as possible.

@sikdrumz - Please do note, the UNO Synth will react to MIDI Pitch Bend messages. Unfortunately, MIDI Pitch Bend is not a MIDI CC message, but it's own control. This can be controlled through the use of a Pitch Bend control on a MIDI control or through MIDI Pitch Bend automation in your DAW. Shoot me a PM with your DAW information if you'd like me to make a suggestion on this control.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Power supply on MIDI Out

Postby Rui Seixas Monteiro » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:23 am

Hi,

My Arturia Key Step is able to power from the MIDI output my Bluetooth MIDI dongle, while the UNO isn't... Can you add this?

Thanks
Rui Seixas Monteiro

Internal Sequencer - Note-On Velocity

Postby mungewell » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi,
Spent a while playing with and getting to know my Uno Synth. One element that is missing from the sequencer is the ability to adjust the Note-On Velocity for each of the steps. Obviously the cap-touch buttons are not velocity sensitive, but it would be nice to be able to dial the velocity up/down via other means.

The on-board sequencer DOES record/playback velocity from an external keyboard, and looking under the hood this is stored within the preset "*.unosyp" files
Code: Select all
000000D0: 00 40 00 00 41 00 00 42  01 00 43 00 01 01 40 00  .@..A..B..C...@.
000000E0: 24 64 08 00 08 01 40 00  39 7F 0C 00 0C 01 40 00  $d....@.9.....@.
                                                     ^^..... Type Note=40???
                                                  ^^         Count=1
                                               ^^........... Step #
000000F0: 39 64 01 00
                ^^....... Len
             ^^.......... Velocity
          ^^............. Note

Suggestion:Note-on Velocity on Step Recording
Whilst in Step Recording (ie rec led lit, play led not lit) press (and hold) desired note/key, use the data up/down buttons to set the key velocity.

Cheers,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby mungewell » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:01 pm

Suggestion:Note-on Velocity on Step Recording
Whilst in Step Recording (ie rec led lit, play led not lit) press (and hold) desired note/key, use the data up/down buttons to set the key velocity.
mungewell

Postby mungewell » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Suggestion: Show current value when using 'Pass Through' dial mode

On "pass thru" button mode it is difficult to know the existing parameter setting;
whilst turn the dial (before the actual value is reached) fast-flash the actual value for 1 second - then return display to normal operation.

I feel that this would help users "understand" the current sounds, and feel more confident tweaking sounds - knowing that they can return it to the original value.
mungewell

Postby AstroBotnia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:28 pm

I wish to have 64 step sequencer, as said before.
Love this synth for its portable functions, deep basses and all beyond.
In live situations UNO would be much better to operate than chain sounds and make longer sequences in that way.
Wish you hear us RYAN_IK!!!
AstroBotnia

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:37 pm

AstroBotnia wrote:Wish you hear us RYAN_IK!!!

Don't worry we hear you guys! :D We appreciate all of the interest here and we are taking these comments and interest into consideration moving forward.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Just a quick note about the original post in this thread (and all wishlist threads), let's not post the same request multiple times

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Stasidlo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi, guys! Thanks for the great synth! Love the Editor and especially the new Librarian feature! However, is it possible to make the librarian available also in VST-mode, not only as a standalone app? That would be very useful!
Cheers
Stanislav
Stasidlo

PreviousNext

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth