Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby garfy » Sat May 04, 2019 4:41 pm

zzz00m wrote:So now it would be nice if they focused on CPU optimization.

It seems that when ST4 is used as a plugin, all of the instrument parts in a single instance of ST4 are channeled through a single CPU core/thread. So it gets very CPU hungry very quickly as it is dependent on the clock speed of a single core.

Unfortunately, this single-core loading is going to be down to the DAW AFAIK. It is within Logic Pro X anyway, as all the DAW sees is 'plugin/bunch of data to be processed' irrespective of what the plugin actually is. What DAW do you use?

MOD NOTE: I've split the responses into a new topic as I felt that I derailed the purpose of the Wishlist topic. You can find the discussion continued here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21239&p=91604#p91604
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby burkeich » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Please provide better the brightness / contrast of the text.
Regardless of monitor settings the text is VERZY hard to read.
Even in the 4.0.4 manual, the screen shots are dim and dark.

I wrote to tech support and got "There is no adjustment for contrast/brightness within SampleTank 4 Please adjust the brightness/contrast on your monitor."

A bit disappointing - SampleTank3 had good adjustable color contrast!
burkeich

Postby rx8doc » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Simple request, a way that we can share multi's among ourselves. Lets say I have made a perfect, vocal piano multi for 10ccs Im not in love, and would like to share it to others in this forum who also have Sampletank 4 Max. It would be nice to be able to import the multi's and not have to recreate them. Or is this already in there and I have had too many drinks?
rx8doc

Postby WSStudios » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:38 pm

read through all, the following have not been cited [afaict]:

- a better selection lighting scheme for libraries so that it's obvious which ones are active.

- the top left buttons [for mixer, etc] moved down with bottom left buttons [for edit, fx...] so that all are on one line. i find accessing these tedious and counter-productive.

- shift-scroll is smooth in ST3, ST4 needs this implemented.

- an easier, more obvious way to access instruments/channels in edit mode. the current scrollbar is somewhat hidden.

- in mixer mode, the ability to go to library if the instrument icon is selected.
WSStudios

Postby SyntherMD » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 am

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21310

A clean mode for the Black LP in Sampletank 4 that doesn't sound like the gain is really high and for some reason I can't get rid of it. I'd love a LP guitar that I can combine with Amplitube (Particularly Mesa/Boogie) that doesn't sound so overgained.
SyntherMD

Postby Promidi » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:37 am

In ST3 when searching for patches.... any patches with Velocity Switches have the Prefix "VS". ST4 does not. Can this please be reinstated?

Note: In ST4, if your search field contains "VS " only, then the list will be restricted to patches that indeed have Velocity Switches - you just don't see the VS prefix in the patch name.
Promidi

Postby Promidi » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:39 am

In ST4, when the keyboard at the bottom of the GUI is visible and you load a patch that has keyswitches, pressing the a keyswitch note does not show a second little keyboard showing the names of the different articulations. ST3 did. Can this be reinstated for ST4?
Promidi

Postby jppineau » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:13 pm

I've recently installed ST4 and all is well so far.

My true deception is that all presets from my legacy products appear as "SampleTank 2" stuff. No more SampleMoog, SampleTron,Sonic Synth, Miroslav 1 sub folders like into ST3. So, every Sampletron preset, for example, is lost in an sea of legacy patches with cryptic names. As I own every instruments from previous generations, this is somewhat of a total mess.

For the sake of organization, would it be possible to allow the database to keep in account the same folder organization as it is in ST3? Also, there are redundancies as well between "ST3 Imported" and "ST3" folders which both contain an "Imported" links leading to the same place, thus doubling the size of database, I suppose.

My 2 cents.
jppineau

Searching Instrument

Postby sbigas » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:07 pm

I wish i could search instrument folders like i did in ST3. All of my most used sounds are the original SampleMoog, SampleTron, Miroslav v1 etc. I imported them as Legacy intruments in ST3 and they all had their own folder. My ST3 Legacy insruments show up in ST4 but are not searchable using folders. i hate the new Filters menu, just wish i could goto my Legacy folders... As they don't show up in the search drop down...
sbigas

Re: Searching Instrument

Postby zzz00m » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:29 pm

sbigas wrote:I wish i could search instrument folders like i did in ST3. All of my most used sounds are the original SampleMoog, SampleTron, Miroslav v1 etc. I imported them as Legacy intruments in ST3 and they all had their own folder. My ST3 Legacy insruments show up in ST4 but are not searchable using folders. i hate the new Filters menu, just wish i could goto my Legacy folders... As they don't show up in the search drop down...

Simple. Just click on the folder button/icon at the top of the instrument browser, and the folders magically appear. See User Manual sec 4.3 - Folder View, p.38.
zzz00m

Postby jppineau » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:08 pm

Yes, I foud that some weeks ago. In fact, the moderators found themselves that the function was a bit too anonymous... even though it's somewhere in the manual. Can't memorize everything and some things can be read diagonally.
jppineau

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Let's please go back to the wishlist items only as stated at the top of the thread. If there is other discussion to be had, please do so in a separate thread.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stardust358 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:43 pm

ST3 had individual drum kit pieces in addition to the full kit. It was handy for mix and match purposes. It'd be useful to have the same feature in ST4.
stardust358

Postby tokenboomer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:18 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jhbmusic wrote:the new interface is a HUGE improvement, now, how about some control surface support?

You should be able to map via MIDI though I'm not sure your control surface supports that. My first assumption is it would but that's because mine does so sorry if that is not the correct assumption.

The idea here is to make the software more user-friendly. I don't personally know how to map via midi because almost no other music software requires me to do that. That's like the early days of Word Pressing when you have to learn code to format documents. SampleTank 4 and Modo Bass are the only software instruments in my system without midi learn functionality. You have to write in automation with a mouse! That's so 10-years-ago. Can it be that difficult to add if everyone else is doing it? As things stand I'm only using your software in situations where I can't find equivalent sounds in my other instruments. It's not that your sounds are not good. It just that deep control requires a mouse and I'd much rather turn a knob or move a slider. So you're way down my list when it comes to go-to softwares and it's also the reason I didn't buy Modo Drums when it recently came out. Is that what you want? I watched a video the other day where a person was trying to illustrate how to add a non-NKS 3rd party instrument to Native Instrument's Komplete Kontrol software. His first attempt was with Syntronic which failed because you can't midi-learn with Syntronic. He promised to investigate the problem and create a separate video on how to integrate Syntronic with Komplete Kontrol but he never did. I wonder why? I also use another universal librarian program called Nektarine. But again IK stuff doesn't work there because you can't easily assign knobs and sliders within IK instruments. You can ignore this if you like but I think your professional user base will shrink if you do.
tokenboomer

Postby Promidi » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 pm

tokenboomer wrote: SampleTank 4 and Modo Bass are the only software instruments in my system without midi learn functionality. ......... because you can't midi-learn with Syntronic.

To say that "SampleTank 4 and Modo Bass are the only software instruments in my system without midi learn functionality" is simply not true.

Right click on any knob or slider and a little menu pops up that has as its top item "MIDI Learn". I found this out by reading the manual and searching for the term "learn"

You also state "you can't midi-learn with Syntronic" - again, not true. Right click on a slider or knob and again, indeed you are presented with a similar menu that has as its top item "MIDI Learn"

I was able to use Syntronic's MIDI learn function to assign CC73 to the Attack component of an ADSR by clicking MIDI learn and then moving a slider on my MIDI controller. The function is definitely there.

Now I don't have Modo Bass, but it should be in the user guide.
Promidi

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More