error in UNO drum manual?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

error in UNO drum manual?

Postby ignant666 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:48 am

I mentioned this in a post in the main thread announcing the UNO drum, but since there's been no reply in more than a week:

i think i have found an error in the manual: the MIDI implementation chart on p. 39 of the manual says (under "2. MIDI Timing and Synchronization") that MIDI clock is neither sent or received.

But it also says on p. 77, 7.7, "Setting the Sync Mode", that when sync is set to "internal (INT) ... the internal tempo of the UNO Drum is used" and that when it is set to "EXT", "the MIDI clock received from the MIDI IN DIN connector decides the tempo of the UNO Drum" or if it is set to "USB" "the MIDI clock received from the USB connector sets the tempo of the UNO Drum". So it appears it receives MIDI clock- does it also send it?

Since posting the above a week ago, i have found that the manual also says that the UNO sends MIDI clock.

It seems unlikely the manual writers would have included this info about sending and receiving clock in two different sections if it weren't correct, so i think the MIDI implementation chart is incorrect?
ignant666

Re: error in UNO drum manual?

Postby ignant666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:26 pm

Hello? Is this thing on? Can anyone hear me? Check, check, check.
ignant666

Re: error in UNO drum manual?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Let's see how I can help here.

MIDI Clock is sent from the UNO Drum when using the INT (Internal) option, this can be used to sync other UNO Synth/Drum (or MIDI) devices to the unit's internal tempo. Using the EXT (External) option in the Sync menu, the UNO Drum will receive MIDI Clock from the source connected to the 2.5mm MIDI ports. This will be similar to the USB option in the Sync menu. When using the USB setting, MIDI Clock will be received from the connected USB source.

I will pass along your comments on the user manual to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth