Save Presets

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Save Presets

Postby higherglyphics26 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 am

In sample tank 4, is there a way to save a preset after manipulating a stock preset? Also, is it possible to save and overwrite the initial stock preset?
higherglyphics26

Re: Save Presets

Postby higherglyphics26 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:10 pm

There is a 'Save' and 'Save As' button in the menu drop down next to the multi select on the top center dialog. However, it seems I cannot override the current stock preset and can only create a new preset.

It would be useful to have the option to edit stock presets and resave them with the same name rather than extending that sound and creating a new preset, which means the stock preset will most likely won't ever be used again.
higherglyphics26

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:01 pm

I think that that could be very dangerous and lead to accidental overwrites. And, you may well want to get to the original stock preset in the future. Also, that modified "stock" preset would not be the same as anybody-else's making problem diagnosis and exchanging presets not so easy.

When I modify a stock preset I save it with a slightly different name, perhaps appending some clue to the modification.

----------------
This is my own thought, not IK Multimedia's:
-- make a full back-up copy (or two) of all the stock presets,
-- save your preset with a different name,
-- rename the stock preset and your modified one.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:43 pm

I would also recommend not overwriting any stock presets, even if you could. I typically create a folder structure for presets, with a top level with a name like "__MINE" (underscores so it is always on top) where I can put the most current presets until I find a place to put them, be it by project, style, or whatever other categorization I have available or can create in my folder structure.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby higherglyphics26 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:03 am

I will do as you guys have suggested. Thanks.
higherglyphics26

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More