Irig Keys I/O sound

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig Keys I/O sound

Postby MariVB » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi, I want to buy an Irig keys i/o 25, but I have a doubt, I know that the device itself doesn’t make sound, since it’s a midi keyboard, but I want to know that if I plug it to an iPad(or any other device), I can hear the sound by the IPad out loud, without earphones, or if I can just hear the sound of the keyboard by phones. I hope the doubt was clear, English is not my first language so I had some difficulties expressing myself.
MariVB

Re: Irig Keys I/O sound

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:07 am

You would not be able to route the sounds to your iPad speakers. This is an iOS function, where an audio interface is plugged in, then iOS will route both input and output through that audio interface (when the interface has in/out). You would need to use headphones or the outputs on iRig Keys I/O in order to hear sound from your music apps using iRig Keys I/O.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MariVB » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:23 am

Peter_IK wrote:You would not be able to route the sounds to your iPad speakers. This is an iOS function, where an audio interface is plugged in, then iOS will route both input and output through that audio interface (when the interface has in/out). You would need to use headphones or the outputs on iRig Keys I/O in order to hear sound from your music apps using iRig Keys I/O.

Peter, is there anyway for me to hear the sound without a headphone?
MariVB

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:29 am

MariVB wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:You would not be able to route the sounds to your iPad speakers. This is an iOS function, where an audio interface is plugged in, then iOS will route both input and output through that audio interface (when the interface has in/out). You would need to use headphones or the outputs on iRig Keys I/O in order to hear sound from your music apps using iRig Keys I/O.

You could hook up a speaker to the outputs or the headphone jack and listen through those. But iOS controls how the audio is routed once an interface is plugged in so there's no way to route it otherwise.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MariVB » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
MariVB wrote:

You could hook up a speaker to the outputs or the headphone jack and listen through those. But iOS controls how the audio is routed once an interface is plugged in so there's no way to route it otherwise.

So plugging it to an speaker I can hear it without headphones, right? My only problems is that I want to practice with some friends, and I need that everyone in the room can hear the sound
MariVB

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Yes, you can use powered speakers, a PA, or similar and that would work.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers