Remove unused Libraries [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Remove unused Libraries [Resolved]

Postby higherglyphics26 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:10 am

Is there a way to remove some parts of the Sample Tank 4 MAX library? For example, I was trying to remove one of the categories (Bass and String sounds) since they're rarely used and it would save hard drive space.
higherglyphics26

Re: Remove unused Libraries

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:30 am

I am 99% sure that that would be OK.

To try it out, create another folder outside the main SampleTank sounds library folder, say "ST unused" with "Instruments/SampleTank 4" and "Samples/SampleTank 4" sub-folders. Move the folders for the unwanted category into there. For clarity, keep the hierarchy as close as you can to the original.

In ST4, you'll need to Rescan the Instruments, in Settings / Sound Content.

Then try it out. Some Multis may not work if some of their instruments are now missing.

If all is well, COPY the unused folders to a back-up disk; you never know, you might want them one day. Then you can delete them from wherever you created them above.

----------------------------
PS If you can make sure you keep a back-up copy of the sounds download files (so you do not need to download them again) or of the complete installed sounds library.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Remove unused Libraries

Postby higherglyphics26 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:06 pm

I followed what you said and it is working as expected.

I have already backed up the entire library in an external HDD so thats not a problem. I just needed more space on my internal SSD and there are only handful of sounds/categories I am using so it doesn't make sense to keep all 200+ GB of sounds when that space can be used for something else.

Thanks!
higherglyphics26

Re: Remove unused Libraries [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:02 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More