IRig Micro Amp crackles

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

IRig Micro Amp crackles

Postby nickrog1@sky.com » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 pm

I've just purchased the above and linked it to my Rig Stomp I/O. I'm getting lots of crackling when the guitar is plugged in. When playing, the amp cuts out, especially on distorted effects. Should I be returning it for a replacement or is there a fix? Could it be a faulty wire?
nickrog1@sky.com

Re: IRig Micro Amp crackles

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Hey nickrog1,

Thanks for your post.

The iRig Micro Amp should not be getting any crackling. Make sure to check your connections for any bad cables and contact our support team. They are more than happy to help get you anything you need to get back to making music.

The iRig Micro Amp offers a 1-Year (US) / 2-Year (EU) warranty period.

Use the link below to open a support ticket and PM me your ticket number once open.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby crourk3 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:21 am

I have had my micro amp since April and have not used it with my iPad Pro and AmpliTube until yesterday and I am experiencing the same issue. Using the amp without AmpliTube, the issue does not exist. When the crackling starts the sound will cut out completely and I have to turn the amp on and off.
crourk3

Postby nickrog1@sky.com » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:53 am

Hi Crourk3. I've tried this and it seems to have worked for me so far (one evening). On your iPad settings, go to Privacy, then Microphone. You may see that the button for AmpliTube to access the microphone is in the off position. Enable it. That seems to make AmpliTube happy and also stops the iPad from shutting down and resetting. I hope that works for you. All the best.
nickrog1@sky.com

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Microphone permissions are required for AmpliTube to fully access your iRig device. Please make sure these are enabled.

To make sure your issue is not related to resources, try powering down your iOS device for 10 - 20 seconds. We suggest closing all open apps before doing so and powering your device off by holding the LOCK and HOME buttons until the Apple logo is seen. Once back on launch only AmpliTube and see if your issue persists. If so, try these quick settings adjustments.

In the Menu > Settings of AmpliTube adjust the following settings:

1. Latency: Set this to LOW
  2. Oversampling: Set this to OFF
  3. Autosleep: Set this to OFF
  4. No Feedback: OFF for speaker use or ON for headphone use

Please if these suggestions do not help, contact our technical support team. Once a ticket is opened shoot me a PM with your ticket info.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby crourk3 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Checked all those settings and that didn’t help. I also don’t experience the crackling and popping and shorting out when using headphones. It seems to be related with volume and the amp speaker. The physical volume on the amp is at half and the volume in the AmpliTube virtual amp is turned up. It appears to happen more when the low E string is ringing on a distorted AmpliTube virtual amp.
crourk3

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers