Introducing MODO DRUM

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Introducing MODO DRUM

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Introducing MODO DRUM, IK's first physical modeling drum virtual instrument. Like our award-winning MODO BASS program, MODO DRUM delivers a level of control over every detail of your drum sounds like you’ve never imagined before.

Using a powerful combination of modal synthesis and advanced sampling, MODO DRUM gives you 10 of the most deeply customizable virtual drum kits ever created. Design the drum tracks of your dreams with access to every parameter, shattering the limitations of traditional drum sample libraries, for a new standard in realistic, natural and customizable drum tracks.

In a real recording situation, many factors affect the sound of your final product. MODO DRUM accurately recreates all these factors, creating sound in real-time based on the ever-changing interactions between the player, drums, and room, mimicking the vibe of a real, live drummer. Enter the show room and find a drum kit that suits your style, then edit every element down to the finest detail, adjusting the skins, tuning and damping, diameter and height, the shell profile of the drum itself, and more. Cymbals can also be tuned and damping adjusted to ensure your entire kit sounds just right.

But MODO DRUM goes even further, letting you adjust the way your “drummer” plays the kit. Adjust the location and accuracy of each drum strike, change stick types, kick drum technique and more to change both the tone and feel of your tracks. MODO DRUM offers infinite round robins, so no hit sounds identical, just like a real drummer.

To further shape your sound, you can place your kit in different environments, using convolution to mimic the acoustics of your chosen recording location. Take advantage of a full mixer with sends and buses, as well as 19 studio processors and effects from IK’s acclaimed T-RackS and AmpliTube software titles to add the final polish to any kit. An integrated Grooves manager offers more than 1400 grooves to help you spark some inspiration or start jamming with full, pre-programmed drum tracks in seconds.

MODO DRUM is available for pre-order now. Save big by buying early from both the IK Multimedia online store and from [url=/dealers/]IK authorized dealers[/url] worldwide with pre-order prices starting at:

$/€199.99 for full version (Crossgrade)

$/€299.99 full version

As a special thank you to current owners of IK’s MODO BASS software, those users will also receive an automatic coupon for $/€50 off the Crossgrade version. Just be sure you are logged in on our site and add the item to your cart.

Click here to learn more about MODO DRUM.

*Pricing as of August 2019 will be as follows: full version $/€399.99; crossgrade $/€299.99.

*All prices excluding taxes.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Introducing MODO DRUM

Postby lchalk » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 pm

I have a lot of questions:
  1. Will a demo be available
  2. does it have configurable midi
  3. does is support multiple articulations on drums and symbols
  4. Will It handle a real high hat controller
  5. Can you control the amount of processing on the drums (from dry to processed)

This produce seems very interesting I currently own a bunch of sampled drum programs: Ez Drummer 1 & 2, superior drummer 2 & 3, BFD 3, and Addictive drums 2 with a lot of expansion packs for each. I know not a fair question to ask but where does modo drums fit in in that list (can't wait to A/B it). I own modo bass and it has already replaced all of my sampled bass vsti. I also use an e-kit (started as a Yamaha DTX 522k but now it is a 582k with 4 extra pads) so midi triggering is super important.
lchalk

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 pm

Thanks for joining the conversation. We're more than happy to answer these for you.

lchalk wrote:
Will a demo be available

Stay tuned for more info on this one, as the product gets closer to launch we should know more.

lchalk wrote:
does it have configurable midi

Yes, MIDI controls will be available in MODO DRUM. Stay tuned for more specific info.

lchalk wrote:
does is support multiple articulations on drums and symbols

Yes, multiple articulations will be available. Below is an example for you. These are the offered HiHatts.

1. Tight Tip
  2. Close Tip
  3. Half Open Tip
  4. Open Tip
  5. Close Shank
  6. Half Open Shank
  7. Open Shank
  8. Foot Open
  9. Foot Close

lchalk wrote:
Will It handle a real high hat controller

Yes. This feature will be available on a specific key and a select-able CC will regulate the aperture.

lchalk wrote:I
Can you control the amount of processing on the drums (from dry to processed)[/list]

Each effect will have their own parameters. Stay tuned for more specific info.

Dynamic

Compressor
Comp 2A
Comp 76
Gate
Punch

Distortion

Clipper
Big Pig
Crusher
Distortion

Reverb & Delay

Plate Reverb
Room Reverb
Inverse Reverb
Hall Reverb
Delay
Tape Delay

Modulation

Phazer
Chorus
Flanger
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dlgebert » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:34 pm

I got my pre-order in, can't wait... :D

Since I also have MODO Bass, I got it for $149.00. Great deal since it will be $399.00 in September.

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:10 pm

dlgebert wrote:I got my pre-order in, can't wait... :D

Since I also have MODO Bass, I got it for $149.00. Great deal since it will be $399.00 in September.

Thanks- Dave

Awesome! We're targeting early August though :)
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby flight_22 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Will this be part of Total Studio 2 MAX now? I literally just purchased that software and would be extremely disappointed if its not.
flight_22

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:34 pm

flight_22 wrote:Will this be part of Total Studio 2 MAX now? I literally just purchased that software and would be extremely disappointed if its not.

Total Studio 2 MAX includes the products listed on its web page(s), it is not a subscription package that gets future software added to it. You can get MODO DRUM at a deeply-discounted price (in your case MODO BASS from your Total Studio 2 MAX will mean you have an automatically-applied $50 coupon added to MODO DRUM in your cart too!) from now until the release.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:20 am

Peter_IK wrote:We're targeting early August though :)

Even better... :D

I'm not sure where I got September from... :shock:
Last edited by dlgebert on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby dlgebert » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:39 am

Sorry about the double post. I was getting an SQL error because I was using Gboard's emoticons.
dlgebert

Postby johanwiden69@gmail.com » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:49 am

I just bought Modo Drum and can’t wait for the release.

Like somebody else commented I have all major drumplugins there is.
Tons of bass and guitar plugins and I just also bought the MODO bass.

Amplitube MAX and MODO bass are my go to plugins.
I used to record me playing bass but I am now programing all by previously recorded basslines on my upcoming album since MODO bass simply sounds better than my recorded Squire bass.
Cleaner and better.
I love your products, they are simply the best.
I even sold my real orange amplifier since I can tweak it better in Amplitube.

So, really lookin’ forward to MODO drums :D
johanwiden69@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:59 pm

A reminder to review the rules (linked at the top of each page and to which you agreed when you signed up for this forum) particularly about moderation and discussion thereof. Also the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 and you can contact moderators directly if you have an issue. Thank you.

Please keep the discussion in this thread on topic from here on in. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thegunma » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:02 am

Hi, as a drummer I'm very interested in this software. I would however have a request. Would it be possible to change the display of the diameter and width/height of the drums from "0.0" to inches? For those who are drummers it would be really useful. Thank you!
thegunma

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:44 pm

thegunma wrote:Hi, as a drummer I'm very interested in this software. I would however have a request. Would it be possible to change the display of the diameter and width/height of the drums from "0.0" to inches? For those who are drummers it would be really useful. Thank you!

The devs said that there will be improvements of this nature coming where possible in the final version. Huzzah!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DDemase1174 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:11 pm

I have a quick question before I decide if I want to pre-order MODO Drum in the future or not. Will it feature some kind of custom MIDI mapping/MIDI assign feature for users to build their own maps using a MIDI keyboard controller, or does it only use a General MIDI map?!
DDemase1174

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:52 pm

DDemase1174 wrote:I have a quick question before I decide if I want to pre-order MODO Drum in the future or not. Will it feature some kind of custom MIDI mapping/MIDI assign feature for users to build their own maps using a MIDI keyboard controller, or does it only use a General MIDI map?!

Upon release it will feature GM mapping (plus the elements outside of GM like the x/y hit placement and continuous hi-hat control, and more).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to News and Announcements