bass slide [Resolved]

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

bass slide [Resolved]

Postby redrider321 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:48 am

Hello all,
Is there a way to take an existing midi note and make it a slide? Thanks in advance!
redrider321

Re: bass slide

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:43 am

Since the slide is regulated by the pitch wheel by default you could automate / control that. You can also program a legato slide, which is detailed in the MODO BASS User Manual (as is the slide default control). If you don't know the location of your User Manuals for IK products you can find details in this FAQ https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=812

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby redrider321 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks for response peter. Forgive my ignorance, but I don’t have a clue how to program a legato slide. Not sure that would work though as it needs to go from a B2 to a B3 with both notes being played. Is the pitch wheel my only option then? I’m not a keyboard player so I’m having trouble with the pitch wheel.
redrider321

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:54 pm

redrider321 wrote:Thanks for response peter. Forgive my ignorance, but I don’t have a clue how to program a legato slide. Not sure that would work though as it needs to go from a B2 to a B3 with both notes being played. Is the pitch wheel my only option then? I’m not a keyboard player so I’m having trouble with the pitch wheel.

The specific technique for legato slide is in the User Manual, it provides the steps you need to perform to do it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby redrider321 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:36 am

Finally figured it out. Now I just have to master it. Thanks for the help!
redrider321

Re: bass slide [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:47 am

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS