P.M. Key switch

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

P.M. Key switch

Postby jobe13 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:06 pm

I want to assign a KS function for the Muting articulation, but when I access the drop down menu, my only options are CC or Aftertouch. How do I assign a KS to the articulation? I only use my laptop's keyboard, so no pitch wheel. Also, in CC, what do the numbers represent? Are they velocity parameters?
jobe13

Re: P.M. Key switch

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:52 pm

You cannot assign a keyswitch to muting because it is not an on/off parameter. It is a varying control of a range of values that would require a corresponding type of message like those available (CC - continuous control or Aftertouch that varies based on pressure applied).

Note that keyswitch corresponds to MIDI notes, not keys on a keyboard (though I believe you mean you are using a function that is sending MIDI notes from your computer keyboard as is available in some audio programs like Logic Pro etc).

CC numbers are the MIDI CC number you are assigning to the control. There are some typically "reserved" for certain functions but others can be assigned and/or correspond to knobs, sliders, etc on your MIDI controller. For an overview of MIDI CC please check out this Sweetwater article: https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/conti ... ontroller/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS